HOW TO SETUP THE FOLLOW-ME PRINTER AFTER A PASSWORD RESET ON YOUR MAC
This manual describes how to set up the follow-me printer after you have changed your password.
- This manual is based on the knowledge that the printer has been setup before. There is a different manual for setting up the printer for the first time.
- This manual was written for Mac OS X 10.9 or higher. The steps for previous versions might be slightly different.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
STEP 1: CLEAR THE QUEUE AND REMOVING THE PRINTER
- (Optional) If you see a bouncing printer icon on your taskbar, click on it to open the printer screen. You will most likely see a message saying: “Hold for authentication” make sure to delete the prints that are waiting in queue for you here by clicking the cross icon in the end of the row. If there are no prints waiting here you can skip this step.
- Press CMD + Space (or click the magnifying glass in the top right of your screen) and type Keychain (the box will automatically fill in the rest of the word keychain when you start typing. In Dutch this option is labelled “sleutelhanger toegang”. Press Enter to confirm.
- Make sure to select “All items” in the keychain window.
- Search the list for the option Follow-me (blue icon) in the category ‘Network password’.
- Right mouse click or CTRL + click this entry and select: Delete “Follow-me”, confirm this action by clicking Delete.
STEP 2: RE-INSTALL THE PRINTER
- Open a program like Microsoft Word or TextEdit and type some text.
- Press CMD + P or click the print icon.
- Make sure to select the Follow-me printer and select Print.
- You will see a popup-screen. Make sure that ‘Connect as’ is set to ‘Registered user’ (default).
- In the username field type AD\ followed by your studentnumber or AD account (e.g. AD\s0123456 or AD\GoghV).
- In the password field type your UT password and make sure to select the option ‘Remember this password in my keychain’.
- Click OK.
- A bouncing printer icon with a red ringed (1) will appear on your taskbar.
If the printer icon disappears after a few seconds, the settings where changed successfully. If this is not the case start again with step 1 of delete the printer completely and follow the manual for installing the printer for the first time. You can start this manual at step 3, and skip to step 6 after this. The manual for installing the printer for the first time can be found here: Manual for printing on mac.