The support office is the right place for questions and regulations concerning your Doctoral Defence, the publication of your PhD thesis or verifcation of a PhD Diploma/Certificate
Mariska Buurman / Astrid Scholtens-Hofenk
Phone: +31 53 489 4242
Office: Ravelijn, room 4266
Monday - Thursday
Defences and other ceremonies of the University of Twente are accompanied by the Beadles / Pedellen.
Public defences are held on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 12:45, 14:45 and 16:45 hr.
Phone: +31 53 489 5899
Office: Waaier, room 269
Wednesday - Friday
- Planning of PhD defence date: business as usual.
- Already planned PhD defences: at the discretion of the PhD whether to postpone or carry it online
- After the summer period: start of 1,5 meter PhD defences.
1,5-meter social distancing protocol for PhD/PDEng defences (Dutch / English).
The PhD will receive the latest protocol by email.
For help with the publication of your doctoral thesis contact the Library's Info desk: +31 53 489 2777
- Doctoral regulations of the UT (English / Dutch)
- Intake form public defence (pdf)
- Template title pages (English MS Word)
- Template title pages (Dutch MS Word)
PhD can download and use the forms below. All other PhD candidates will receive the appropriate forms via Hora Finita emails, therefore the forms below do not apply to you.