If you have a certificate from a related technical bachelor’s programme at a university of applied sciences (HBO), you may be considered for admission to the pre-master’s in Industrial Engineering and Management. This programme has a study load of 30 credits.
Admission to the master’s programme depends on your bachelor’s programme. The following programmes related to Industrial Engineering and Management are admissible:
- Technische Bedrijfskunde (Industrial Engineering)
- Technische Informatica (Informatics)
- Werktuigbouwkunde (Mechanical Engineering)
- Civiele Techniek (Civil Engineering)
- Elektrotechniek (Electrical Engineering)
- Industrieel Product Ontwerpen (Industrial Design)
- Scheikunde (Chemical Engineering)
- Bouwtechnische Bedrijfskunde (Construction Engineering)
- Technische Natuurkunde (Physics)
The admission committee will conduct an individual assessment procedure to determine if you have sufficient basic qualifications in Industrial Engineering and Management. If you have completed a HBO programme that is not listed among the related programmes, you can also apply for admission.
Students with a Bachelor’s certificate from a Dutch university of applied sciences qualify for admission subject to the following conditions:
- you graduated from a related degree programme;
- positive assessment of your English letter of motivation (part of the application form);
- you have completed Mathematics B and English at pre-university level (VWO);
- your grades are above the average.
If you do not satisfy the requisite level in Mathematics or English, you may be able to take a course at your own HBO institution.
If you are a student at a Dutch University of Applied Sciences you have the additional option to do a pre-Master's programme during your HBO programme. This is known as a transfer minor. For further information about admission requirements and conditions, please refer to the Transfer minor website.