You can enter the programme if you have a relevant Bachelor's degree in any of the natural, technical, environmental or social sciences. Many of our applicants have an academic background in science, engineering and/or technology or have worked in these areas and are eager to take their career to the next level by adding social sciences and competencies to their tool set. Others have a background in social sciences – for example Business Administration, and sometimes Public Administration – and want to gear up for a career in the exciting, complex and sociotechnologically driven field of energy, water and the environment. The MEEM programme is the perfect hybrid solution for all of these ambitions.
We apply different sets of admission criteria to applicants with different educational or career backgrounds. Check the applicant profiles below to find out which criteria apply to you:
- Students from outside the Netherlands holding a university Bachelor’s degree
- Students with a degree from a Dutch (research) university
- Students with a University of Twente Bachelor's degree
- Students who have completed a degree at a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (‘HBO’)
- Students who want to transfer from a Dutch ‘HBO’ degree to our Master’s
Many of our foreign students, particularly, need financial support in order to enrol. We have solid experience in helping students access grants and scholarships and are eager to help you in this area. Please feel free to contact our Programme Coordinators for more information. Find your scholarship.