If you have a bachelor’s degree from a university of applied sciences (Dutch ‘HBO’), you do not immediately fulfil all the admission requirements. If your ‘HBO’ diploma is sufficiently business administration-related, (see below), we will draw up a personalised pre-master's for you. You can only enter a master's after you have met the requirements of your pre-master's. The purpose of the pre-master's is to bring your knowledge up to the required level.
To qualify for the Business Administration programme you have to meet the following conditions:
Condition 1: Completion of an HBO programme into a field related to Business Administration
Admission to the master’s depends on your bachelor’s. The following programmes related to Business Administration are admissible:
- Bedrijfseconomie (International Finance & Accounting/Finance & Control)
- Bedrijfskunde MER (Business Management Studies)
- Bouwtechnische Bedrijfskunde
- Business IT & Management (Bedrijfskundige Informatica)
- Commerciële economie (Marketing)
- Facility Management
- Fiscale Economie
- Human Resource Management (Personeel en Arbeid)
- Industrieel Product Ontwerp
- International Business & Management Studies
- Small Business & Retail Management
- Technische bedrijfskunde (Industrial Engineering & Management)
If you have completed an HBO programme that is not listed among the related programmes, and you can argue and prove that your knowledge and skills in business administration are relevant and sufficient for our MSc BA programme, you can also apply for admission. In all cases, the admission committee will conduct an individual assessment procedure to determine if you have sufficient basic qualifications in business administration, for example in the form of a minor or additional modules in Business Administration or, in the case of students with a higher education qualification in engineering and technology (HTO), a post-HBO bachelor's in Bedrijfskunde such as the BK5 programme offered at Saxion University of Applied Sciences.
Condition 2: Pre-university level (VWO) English
You must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English at pre-university level. You can demonstrate this by submitting one of the following documents:
- A pre-university level (VWO) certificate including English;
- A separate pre-university level certificate in English;
- Transcript showing completion of the Saxion English course (extracurricular);
- Academic IELTS, overall band score of at least 6.5;
- TOEFL, internet-based (TOEFL-iBT) of at least 90, or Cambridge CAE-C (CPE).
- A certificate or other document comparable to the above, that proves you have a pre-university level of English.
We recommend you make use of the possibility to prove your English language proficiency by submitting a GMAT score of 600* or higher. You can find out more about this option in one of the following sections.
Please note that partial proof of completion of a Bachelor’s programme at a Dutch university of applied science (HBO) institute is not sufficient for admission to this programme. You need to show one of the documents mentioned above.
Condition 3: Pre-university level (VWO) Mathematics A
You must be able to demonstrate proficiency in mathematics at pre-university level (Mathematics A1, 2 or B1 Phase II under the old VWO system). You can demonstrate this by submitting one of the following documents:
- A pre-university level (VWO) certificate including Mathematics A1, 2 or B1;
- A separate pre-university level certificate in Mathematics A or B (VWO New Phase II as of 1 August 2007);
- Refer to CCVX/CCVW certificate
- Refer to Boswell Bèta
- Refer to the NHA (exam must be passed)
- Transcript showing completion of the (extracurricular) Saxion Mathematics course for programmes in non-technical subjects;
- A certificate from the UT Mathematics A course (no longer offered at the University of Twente).
- A certificate or another document comparable to the above, that shows proof of your mathematical and analytical skills at pre-university level.
Please note that partial completion of a Bachelor’s programme at a Dutch university of applied science (HBO institute) is not sufficient for admission to this programme. You need to show one of the documents mentioned above.
Combining proof of English
One way of offering proof that your English language and mathematical skills are at pre-university level is to hand in a GMAT result with a score of 600* or higher. This is sufficient proof of your proficiency in both fields.
*If you hand in a GMAT score of > 550, we will consider your application on the basis of the other documents you submit.
Please check our application deadlines to find out when you must apply for the Master's in Business Administration.