You are about to sign up for the Bachelor's Creative Technology.
First, you need to sign up for Creative Technology via Studielink and provide all the required documents. After you have signed up you will receive information from the admission office about the requirements for starting the study.
For Creative Technology it is mandatory to participate in a matching event. You can attend this event after you submitted all the required documents. Once all the required documents have been submitted, you have taken part in an matching event, and you have met other (including financial) obligations, you will be informed of the decision regarding your admission to the programme. If you are admitted, you can proceed to enrol in the programme of Creative Technology at the University of Twente.
The University of Twente works with different enrolment deadlines, according to the programme, your nationality and your previous education diploma. You can register from October if you want to start the course the following year in September.
The University of Twente works with different enrolment deadlines, according to the programme, your nationality and your previous education diploma. You can register from October if you want to start the course the following year in September. However, please note that the last matching events take place on 11 July 2022 (online) and 12 July 2022 (on campus). Therefore, your documents should be uploaded in Studielink before 3 July 2022.
To make sure that you choose the right programme for you, the programme organises a matching procedure. This enables you to see if the programme is suitable for you. For the programme in Creative Technology, participation in the matching procedure is compulsory. Without participating in the matching procedure, it is not possible to enrol in the educational programme. After the matching activity, the final part of the mandatory matching procedure is the completion and submission of your own reflection regarding your choice of study for Creative Technology. The matching is not binding AND is not your proof of access to the university. The Admission Office will inform you whether or not you are admissible.
The matching procedure consists of the following aspects:
- Sharing the online questionnaire, your portfolio, CV and motivation letter;
- Matching activity. In 2022, all matching activities will take place both online and on campus. You can choose the date and form (online or on campus) of your preference. For admissions in the 2022-2023 academic year, the dates are:
3 May 2022 (registration not possible anymore)
1 March 2022 (registration not possible anymore)
14 June 2022
28 June 2022
12 July 2022
11 July 2022
Please, indicate on what date you want to join the matching event in the online questionnaire (also check your spam box), or in the registration form on this website. Be aware: the number of participants for a matching activity in a day is not unlimited. You will receive more information about the programme of the matching event one week before the matching day of your choice.
- After completing these compulsory matching steps, you need to submit your own reflection form regarding your choice of study for Creative Technology. Without this reflection, you will not be admitted.
Please note: the last matching events take place on 11 July 2022 (online) and 12 July 2022 (on campus). Therefore, your documents should be uploaded in Studielink before 3 July 2022.
You will find examples of a number of matching portfolios of current students here.
Assessment criteria matching
The recommendation regarding your suitability for Creative Technology will be based on an assessment of the following five criteria:
- Creativity, experience and/or interest in creative processes (generating ideas, creating impact).
- Technology. You already are a technology user (since everyone is), but what is your motivation and talent to become technologically ‘literate’, one who not only uses but also understands technology (to a certain extent)?
- Teamwork: can you work in teams and do you enjoy teamwork? Are you aware of the advantages and disadvantages of working in a group? Are you able to use teamwork as a motivation to improve yourself?
- School results. What are your strongest points, and can you deal with your weaker points? What strong points will be an asset in the Creative Technology programme, and what weaker points might be an obstacle?
- Your preparation for the programme: you have prepared yourself for studying Creative Technology. You understand what is expected. You have collected information on the programme (website, brochure) and you have attended an Open Day (or participated in the Student-for-a Day programme).
Once all the required documents have been submitted (including a copy of the diploma that enables you to be admitted to the programme), you have taken part in the matching procedure and you have met other (including financial) obligations, you will be informed of the decision regarding your admission to the Creative Technology programme at the University of Twente. More information
Please note: For international students, slightly different arrangements may apply and the documents required and deadlines may also differ. The information will be sent by email from the Admission Office and the International Office.