You are about to sign up for the Bachelor's Creative Technology. You are to do this through THE STUDIELINK WEBSITE.
First, you need to sign up for the programme (StudieLink) and provide all the required documents. Second, it is an obligation to participate in the matching procedure. Once all the required documents have been submitted, you have taken part in the matching procedure, and you have met other (including financial) obligations, you will be informed of the decision regarding your admission to the programme. If you are admitted, you can proceed to enrol for the programme in Creative Technology at the University of Twente.
The University of Twente works with different enrolment deadlines, according to the programme, your nationality and your previous education diploma. You can register from October if you want to start the course the following year in September.
You can sign up for the bachelor’s of the University of Twente via Studielink. The deadline for registration in Studielink is 1 June 2020. If you sign up after 1 June, it is possible that the programme will still accept your application, as long as you still take part in the required matching procedure and meet all other possible deadlines such as applying for a visa. Please, be aware, the last matching possibility is in the week of the 7th of July 2020.
Once your registration in Studielink has been processed, you will receive an e-mail from Student Services explaining the next steps, asking you to provide a motivation letter, curriculum vitae and portfolio.
To make sure that you choose the right programme for you, the programme organises a matching procedure. This enables you to see if the programme is suitable for you. For the programme in Creative Technology, participation in the matching procedure is compulsory. Without participating in the matching procedure, it is not possible to enrol in the educational programme. However, the advice that you are given as a result of the matching procedure is not binding. It is a recommendation about whether the programme is suited to you, but plays no role in whether you will be admitted. Please be aware: the matching is not a selection procedure; the result of the matching is not binding AND is not your proof of access to the university. The Admission Office will inform you whether or not you are admissible.
The matching procedure consists of the following aspects:
- Sharing your portfolio, CV and motivation letter;
- A matching procedure: Because the current situation with the Coronavirus, we can't organise a matching event on campus. Instead, we will organise online sessions, for Dutch and EEA students. You can choose on which date you would prefer to attend. For admissions in the 2020 - 2021 academic year, the dates are 25 February, 28 April, 9 June and 7 July 2020.
Please, indicate on what date you want to join the online matching. For Non-EU students we will make an appointment for the online matching, taking into consideration the time difference.
- After completing these compulsory Matching steps, you will receive a recommendation about your choice for the Creative Technology course. Without this recommendation, you will not be admitted.
Please remember that 7 July will be the last opportunity to participate in the matching. For the event of 7 July, the deadline for submitting the relevant documents is 1 July 2020.
Assessment criteria matching
The recommendation regarding your suitability for Creative Technology will be based on an assessment of the following five criteria:
- Creativity, experience and/or interest in creative processes (generating ideas, creating impact).
- Technology. You already are a technology user (since everyone is), but what is your motivation and talent to become technologically ‘literate’, one who not only uses but also understands technology (to a certain extent)?
- Teamwork: can you work in teams and do you enjoy teamwork? Are you aware of the advantages and disadvantages of working in a group? Are you able to use teamwork as a motivation to improve yourself?
- School results. What are your strongest points, and can you deal with your weaker points? What strong points will be an asset in the Creative Technology programme, and what weaker points might be an obstacle?
- Your preparation for the programme: you have prepared yourself for studying Creative Technology. You understand what is expected. You have collected information on the programme (website, brochure) and you have attended an Open Day (or participated in the Student-for-a Day programme).
After a matching event
After the matching procedure, in addition to a recommendation, you will receive an e-mail containing more information of Creative Technology at the University of Twente.
Once all the required documents have been submitted (including a copy of the diploma that enables you to be admitted to the programme), you have taken part in the matching procedure and you have met other (including financial) obligations, you will be informed of the decision regarding your admission to the Creative Technology programme at the University of Twente. More information
Please note: For international students, slightly different arrangements may apply and the documents required and deadlines may also differ. The information will be sent by email from the Admission Office and the International Office.