Enrolment for the educational programme in Creative Technology takes place in the following manner. First, you need to sign up for the programme and provide all the required documents, such as a curriculum vitae, portfolio and covering letter. Then you need to complete the matching procedure. Once all the required documents have been submitted, you have taken part in a matching event, and you have met other (including financial) obligations, you will be informed of the decision regarding your admission to the programme. If you are admitted, you can proceed to enrol for the programme in Creative Technology at the University of Twente.
1. signing up and REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- You can sign up for the Bachelor’s programmes of the University of Twente via Studielink. The deadline for registration in Studielink is 1 May 2017. If you sign up after 1 May, it is possible that the programme will still accept your application, as long as you still take part in the required matching event and meet all other possible deadlines such as applying for a visa.
- After registering via Studielink, you will receive an e-mail asking you to provide a covering letter, curriculum vitae and portfolio.
- You will also receive an e-mail asking you to complete an online questionnaire regarding matching.
2. Matching requirements
To make sure that you choose the right programme for you, the programme organizes a matching procedure. This enables you to see if the programme is suitable for you. For the programme in Creative Technology, participation in the matching procedure is compulsory. Without participating in the matching procedure, it is not possible to enrol in the educational programme. However, the advice that you are given as a result of the matching procedure is not binding. It is a recommendation about whether the programme is suited to you, but plays no role in whether you will be admitted.
The matching procedure consists of the following aspects:
- Covering letter, CV and portfolio
- Online questionnaire
- A matching event on campus (for students who can come to the campus) or a Skype meeting (for overseas students who cannot come to campus). The matching event takes place on campus and is held during the afternoon. You can choose on which date you would prefer to attend. For admissions in the 2017-2018 academic year, the dates are 28 February, 25 April, 12 June, and 12 July 2017. You will receive an invitation from the programme to attend a matching event or a Skype interview.
- Recommendation from the programme about whether the programme is the right one for you
Please remember that 12 July will be the last opportunity to participate in a matching event. For the event of 12 July, the deadline for submitting the relevant documents is 1 July 2017.
Matching event on campus
The matching event on campus consists of a series of workshops designed to help both you and us to gain insights into whether the Bachelor’s programme in Creative Technology is suitable for you. For some of the workshops, you will be asked to play an active role. For example, working with a group of other prospective students, you will give a presentation about your motivation and expectations. Then, together with a supervisor, you can discuss your motivation and expectations and those of the other group members. In other workshops, the programme plays a more active role. You will watch a detailed presentation about the educational programme, with plenty of time for questions and discussion. We will also look at the required levels of mathematics and physics. Some students will be invited for an interview during the event, to discuss their individual situation in greater depth. You can also request an in-depth interview yourself. After the event, you will receive a recommendation on your chosen programme: Creative Technology.
You will receive more information about the matching event on campus by e-mail after you have sent your covering letter, CV and portfolio, the results of the online questionnaire are available, and you have registered for a matching event on campus.
Matching event on Skype
Overseas students who cannot come to the university campus will be invited to attend a Skype meeting as soon as they have sent their covering letter, CV and portfolio, and the results of the online questionnaire are available. An e-mail will be sent a few days before the Skype meeting, explaining more about the educational programme. After the Skype meeting, you will receive a recommendation on your chosen programme: Creative Technology.
After a matching event
After a matching event on campus or by Skype, in addition to a recommendation, you will receive an e-mail containing more information on Creative Technology at the University of Twente. Participants in the matching event on campus will also receive the slides of the presentations.
Once all the required documents have been submitted (including a copy of the diploma that enables you to be admitted to the programme), you have taken part in a matching event and you have met other (including financial) obligations, you will be informed of the decision regarding your admission to the Creative Technology programme at the University of Twente. More information
Please note: For overseas students, slightly different arrangements may apply and the documents required and deadlines may also differ. The information will be sent by email from the Admission Office and the International Office.