Diplomas considered to be equivalent to the Dutch VWO pre-university degree.
Admission Office closely reviews all applications individually due to their distinctive nature. Therefore, the only way to determine admissibility is by submitting an official application for enrolment via Studielink and providing all required documentation. After you have done so you will be informed about your admissibility by one of our Admission Officers
Please note that no rights can be derived from this information and the final admissibility to the programme will always be determined by the Admission Office.
The diplomas of the countries in the list below are equivalent to the Dutch VWO. If your country happens not to be in this list we strongly advise you to apply anyway. You will always receive an individual advice from the Admission Office.
Dëftesë Pjekurie (Matura) with the two mandatory matura subjects: Mathematics and Literature and two more relevant subjects
- Reifeprüfung/Matura when awarded by a Allgemeinbildende Höhere Schule
- Algemeen Secondair Onderwijs (ASO)
- Abschlusszeugnis der Oberstufe des Sekundarunterrichts (German-speaking community)
- Certificat d’enseignement Sécondaire Supérieur
More details about Belgian diplomas that are considered equivalent to the Dutch VWO pre-university degree.
- Diploma O Poozenom Maturskom Ispitu (RS)
- Diploma o Zavrženoj Srednjoj Skoli (Secondary School Leaving Diploma)
- Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie, Academic stream with all standard subjects, and relevant subjects in the Compulsory Electives part
- Alberta General High School Diploma with at least five grade 12 courses numbered 30 or 31 have been passed.
- British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) with least five grade 12 courses passed
- Manitoba Mature Student High School Diploma with at least 5 grade 12 courses passed
- New Brunswick High School Diploma with a minimal pass mark of 60% (C/Acceptable) overall and 60% (C/Acceptable) for at least 5 grade 12 courses with a minimum of 4 grade 12 courses in academic subjects
- New Foundland and Labrador High School Graduation Diploma with at least five grade 12 courses of which 4 grade 12 courses in academic subjects with a minimum pass mark of 50%
- Northwest Territories High School Diploma with at least five grade 12 courses numbered 30 or 31
- Nova Scotia High School Graduation Diploma with at least five grade 12 courses of which four in academic subjects. Minimum pass mark is 50%.
- Nunavut Secondary School Graduation Diploma with at least 5 grade 12 course, numbered 30 or 31 passed
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with at least six grade 12 U or M courses passed
- Prince Edward Island High School Graduation Diploma with at least five grade 12 courses passed. Minimum pass mark is 50%
- Saskatchewan Transcript of Secondary Level Achievement with at least five grade 12 course passed. Pass mark 50%
- Yukon Certificate of Graduation with at least five grade 12 courses passed
- Senior middle/high school graduation certificate (Gaozhong) with a Gaokao or one year of study at an Internationally recognized University
- Svjedodžba o (državnoj) maturi with at least a 5 for three mandatory subjects (Croatian, Mathematics and a foreign language)
- Vysvědčení o maturitní zkoušce obtained at a Gymnázium/Maturita
- Studentereksamenbevis (STX)
- Bevis for Højere Forberedelseseksamen (HF)
- Gümnaasiumi lõputunnistus with the Riigieksamitunnistus (state exam) with at least 3 state exam subjects
- European Baccalaureate (Schola Europaea)
- Matriculation Examination Certificate
- Baccalauréat Général/IOB (Bilingual)
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife
More details about German diplomas that are considered equivalent to the Dutch VWO pre-university degree.
- Apolityrio Genikou Lykeiou with an overall average of 10 and higher and for all relevant subjects a 10 or higher
- Gimnaziumi Erettsegi Bizonyitvany
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) with all subjects level 3-5
- Irish Leaving Certificate with at least 6 final exam subjects of which at least 2 relevant subjects on Higher Level with a minimal H1-H4 grade
- Stúdentspróf obtained at a Gymnasium with a minimum of 200 credits
- Standard XII Diploma (Academic Stream): All India Senior School Certificate/ Higher Secondary Certificate/ Indian School Certificate with A (A1, A2) and B (B1) grades only for 5 relevant subjects or at least 75% for 5 relevant subjects.
- Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) in combination with Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian Nasional (SKHUN) when both certificates have a minimum average of 75% each and at least 75% per relevant subject.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with at least 3 final examination subjects at Higher Level (HL), an overall minimum of 24 points and the satisfactory completion of the CAS, EE and TOK
More details about the International Baccalaureate diploma.
- Te'udat Bagrut / Matriculation Certificate when tested in subjects of at least 21 study units – 15 units in the compulsory subjects and at least one elective subject tested at the 5 unit level
- Diploma di Superamento dell’Esame di Stato Conclusivo dei Corsi di Istruzione Secondario Superiore (Liceo Classico/Scientifico/Linguistico)
- Atestāts par vispārējo vidējo izglītību
- Matura / Maturitätszeugnis
- Brandos Atestatas
- Diplôme de Fin d'Études Secondaires
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Matura
- Matriculation Certificate with passes at grade 5 or above for English and Mathematics for the Secondary Education Certificate
- University Entrance Certificate with New Zealand Bursaries Certificate
- University Entrance Certificate with National Certificate in Educational Achievement Level 3
- Vitnemål for Videregående Skole with 3 year advanced level with mandatory subjects
- Swiadectwo Dojrzalosci Liceum Ogolnoksztalcacego / Matura
- Diploma de Bacalaureat (Technological or Theoretical obtained after 2005)
- Diploma o stecenom srednem obrazovanju (Diploma of Completed Secondary Education) with relevant subjects grade 3-5
- Singapore / Cambridgde GCE Avanced Level with at least 3 passes for the relevant subjects (content based) on H2 level + pass for the General Paper + pass Project Work + pass Knowledge & Inquiry
- Maturitetno spričevalo / Splosna Matura (Matura Certificate)
- Vysvedčenie o Maturitnej skúške obtained at a Gymnázium (Matura)
- Título de Bachiller is equivalent to the Dutch vwo-diploma only in combination with the Pruebas de Acceso a la Universidad (PAU / EBAU Selectividad) with English (fase general) and Mathematics (fase específica) being mandatory subjects.
- The other mandatory subjects need to be part of the final exam of the Titulo de Bachiller
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education Advanced level with at least three relevant subjects at GCE-A level
- Afgangsbetyg / Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskolan with one of the following programmes: Ekonomiprogrammet/Business Management and Economics Programme, Estetiska programmet/Arts Programme, Humanistiska programmet/Humanities Programme, Naturvetenskapsprogrammet/Natural Science Programme, Samhällsvetenskapsprogrammet/Social Science Programme or Teknikprogrammet/Technology Programme
- Maturity Certificate
- Certificat de Maturité
- Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate (COHSC) with A-E grades at general proficiency
- East African Advanced Certificate of Education with A-E grades at general proficiency
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with A-E grades at Principal level for the relevant subjects
- At least 3 GCSE’s with an A, B or C grade + 3 full GCEs (A2) with an A, B or C grade (AS-levels are not considered to be equivalent to the Dutch VWO degree)
More details about UK diplomas that are considered equivalent to the Dutch VWO pre-university degree.
- USA High School diploma only equivalent to the Dutch vwo-diploma combined with at least 4 College Board Advanced Placement (AP) courses with a 3, 4 or 5 grade.