The University of Twente is closed on all recognized general and Christian holidays and on all collective closing days.
No educational services will be provided on these days. The Library is an exception and has different opening hours.
There are three general holidays, and all three fall on fixed dates:
- New Year's Day (1 January)
- King's Birthday celebration (27 April; as of 2014)
- Liberation Day (5 May)
If the King's Birthday celebration falls on a Sunday, it is celebrated on the preceding Saturday.
There are six Christian holidays, and not all six by definition fall in the weekend:
- Good Friday (always a Friday)
- Easter Monday (always a Monday)
- Ascension Day (always a Thursday)
- Whit Monday (always a Monday)
- Christmas Day (25 December)
- Boxing Day (26 December)
For more information on the arrangements pertaining to the University of Twente's collective closing days (or 'bridging days') and for a listing of all collective closing days already determined, refer to the Directorate Human Resources site regarding the closing days of the University of Twente.
All holidays and collective closing days are listed in the final academic calendars of a given academic year.