Science and practice reinforce one another via the exchange of knowledge and skills.
In training professionals, we cooperate as much as possible with the business community. This takes place in various ways, from short courses and in-company training to masterclasses and part-time master programmes, divided over the following fields:
Professional Learning & Development (in Dutch) offers various educational programmes for professionals from both private sector and public sector. Some examples:
- Part-time master's in Public Management or Risk Management;
- In-company training sessions: The University of Twente provides customized training sessions, here at the UT or within your organisation;
- Other teaching methods: The University of Twente involves companies and organisations in programmes by means of master classes, guest lectures, business cases and final thesis projects.
From our areas of expertise in business and administration, engineering & technology, IT, life sciences & medicine, and natural and social sciences, we put together high-quality in-company training courses. This is always customised so that the training fits in perfectly with the needs of your team and organisation.
ELAN (in Dutch) is the UT's Institute for teacher training courses and the development of professional lecturers. ELAN provides:
- the postgraduate teacher training Science Education and Communication (mathematics, physics, chemistry, informatics and design)
- the postgraduate teacher training in Educational Science & Technology. In addition
- teachers in secondary education with support in their professional development and in carrying out their teachings tasks.
The faculty of Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), with its international orientation, offers a large number of courses, both in Enschede and abroad.
For alumni of the programmes in Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine, as well as those for other medical specialists, nurses and other medical professionals, UT offers postgraduate courses on the cutting edge of medicine and technology. For more information see the TechMed Academy pages.
Are you involved in extrusion in the plastics processing industry or the rubber industry as an engineer? Or are you employed as product developer, process engineer, company manager, quality controller or head of technical services? In that case you are welcome to come to the UT for a short course in Extrusion (in Dutch). Furthermore, there are short courses in the field Rubber technology, and a course in Process technology (in Dutch) offered by the Faculty of Science and Technology.
An EngD could also be an attractive proposition for your company: Engineering Doctorate. This is a multidisciplinary designer who spends two years at the university following a post-master's course and works as a trainee on a concrete task formulated by a company. This may be an interesting option if your organisation is faced with a challenging design problem or wants to solve a technical problem.
The impact of software on our society is increasing, as is the demand for highly skilled professionals in this field. UT offers your company the possibility to retrain your Msc employees who have no background in IT to become software developers within 18 months. This retraining course is facilitated by the Bachelor's in Technical Computer Science.