Cybersafety & privacy are important topics at the university. They ensure that students and staff can work safely online, they help to keep research information secret and keep personal data protected.
The UT Cyber Safety & Privacy website provides information about how the university deals with this this matter. It also contains information for students and staff on how to provide a safe environment and how to protect themselves.
what type of information is available?
The cyber safety & privacy website provides information on:
- Working online in a safe way
- Legislation relevant for UT members
- How to protect yourself
- Report an incident
- 11 Apr, 2023Give Hackers the Boot: Take the Training on Secure Passwords!
We know that sometimes we're too busy to come up with a good password, but it can get us all in trouble when it comes to cybercrime.
- 14 Nov, 2022Spear phishing: Interview with a specialist
I am Peter Peters, Security Manager at the university for a couple of years now. I am also the coordinator for the Computer Emergency Response Team.
- 19 Oct, 2021FAQ Personal Certificates
The Frequently Asked Question for Personal Certificates is updated according to the new process our supplier has installed. You can use Personal Certificates to sign and encrypt e-mail.
- 11 Aug, 2021Update Privacy website
The Privacy part of the Cyber Safety website has been overhauled. GDPR terminology is updated en information about the individuals rights has been added. The title of some pages have been updated to better reflect its contents.
- 16 Jul, 2020The Executive Board allows the use of ZOOM in certain situations
ZOOM can be used for conferences and, in an experimental situation, also for colleges. However, a few basic requirements regarding its use must be taken into account.
- 8 Jun, 2020New supplier for security certificates
Starting 1 May, the UT only accepts security certificates issued by Sectigo (provided by LISA) or Let’s Encrypt.
- 15 May, 2020New tool to register processing of personal data
For any processing operation, the legal ground, the purpose limitation and the outsourced processing must be recorded. Besides the regular (business) operations that are described, all research data processing needs to be registered through the new tool.
- 11 May, 2020Technical guidelines for safe use of email (SPF)
We implemented guidelines to prevent certain kinds of phishing attacks. The most important change: email may only be sent using official UT servers. Make sure you use the default UT settings as provided in the UT manuals.