This page contains documentation about the Service Portal for employees And other users.
What is the Service Portal?
The Service Portal combines different types of information for employees all in one spot. Information that was spread across 10 different websites is now all together on one place, listed in the main categories on the left:
- Home/Service ABC (all practical information offered by the UT service departments, such as HR, FIN, etc) (mainly without login). Compressed from 30.000 to now 3.000 pages.
- Web applications for employees (login required)
- Updates: 3 type of updates that are also sent by mail to employees on Monday (weekly or monthly, Dutch or English)
- News for employees (login required, personalised based on building, faculty and own subscriptions)
- Events for employees (login required, personalised based on building, faculty and own subscriptions)
- UT Topics: internal topics UT would like to give attention to. Examples: diversity, integrity, sustainability, cyber safety/privacy, etc
- Contact information sorted by department.
How to access
You can access the Service Portal by using the short link utwente.nl/serviceportal or through the link in the quicklink section on the UT homepage:
Most pages are publicly available, but some are only accessible after login. Certain pages show different information based on who logs in. Example: the contact pages utwente.nl/hr/contact or utwente.nl/mc/contact list the contacts relevant for your faculty. For news, events and webapps for employees login is required.
Webapps for employees have moved to the Service Portal in April 2022 and in July 2022 the old employees.utwente.nl portal (also containing the webapps) has been discontinued. The quicklink to the webapps is utwente.nl/webapps.
News and events for employees have moved to the Service Portal starting July 2022.
The Service Portal bundles internal information for employees in one spot. As part of the information is also relevant for students and guests, most information is publicly available. The primary language of the Service Portal is English.
Contact & feedback
For specific questions related to the transition from the employee portal to the Service Portal, please contact the project team: email@example.com. For al general online questions please contact the Online Media Servicedesk at Marketing & Communication: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to reach out to the team that publishes and approves news and events, contact the editorial team email@example.com.
If you need to reach out to one of the service desks at the support departments, please use the contact option on the left (last button in the black bar) to find the UT departments and service desks that can assist you.
about the project
This Service Portal project combines different initiatives at UT, all with the same goal: improving findability of internal service information for employees. Here is some background.