A MAC address is the physical address of your Ethernet card. MAC stands for “Media Access Controll”. When you are a student, you have to register your MAC address at SNT before you can access the UT network. Employees do not have to do this.
- This manual is written for Windows 7.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
Step 1: Control Panel
- Click Start > Control Panel.
Step 2: Network and Internet
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click View network status and tasks .
- Click Local Area Connection.
- Click Details..
Step 3: physical address
In this window you will find the MAC address behind physical address (in the example below it is: 00-00-00-00-00-00).