If you have found employment in the Netherlands, you require a residence permit, unless you are originating from a country in the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland. The University of Twente will take care of the application for the entry visa and lawful residence in the Netherlands.

Staff of various nationalities work at the UT. Before Dutch and foreign staff members can start working at the UT, they need to be well prepared and must have the right documents and permits at their disposal. The International Service Team of the HR department are specialists in Dutch immigration procedures. They are responsible for applications for visas, residence permits and work permits for future and current international guest researchers and staff. In addition, the International Service Team provides information about living and working in the Netherlands.

Contact and questions 

Can we help you?
HR International Service Team
Location: Spiegel 5th floor

Specific information by topic: