Dispersed Multiphase Flow
Within the field of dispersed multiphase flow we concentrate on condensing flow where we take into account the following phenomena:
- Droplet nucleation
- Droplet growth
- Droplet transport
And we aim to give answers to the following research questions:
- What is the local droplet size distribution?
- What is the local flow field in terms of pressure, temperature and velocity?
Our research concentrates on mathematical, physical and numerical modelling of such flows. Various levels of approach are currently being employed:
- Kinetic Equation (KE) approach
- General Dynamic Equation (GDE) approach
- Method-of-Moments (MOM) approach
- Phase-Path-Analysis methods
- Accumulation of droplets in concentrated-vorticity flows
- Flows with multi-component condensation
- Supersonic Gas Conditioners
- Rob Hagmeijer (Engineering Fluid Dynamics)
- Edwin van der Weide (Engineering Fluid Dynamics)
- Kees Venner (Engineering Fluid Dynamics)
- Martin van Sint Annaland (Fundamentals of Chemical Reaction Engineering)
- Dennis van Putten (PhD-student)
- Xiaoke Ku (Post-Doc)
- Rostislav Dolganov (Post-Doc)
- Rob Hagmeijer,
"Equivalence of Two Different Integral Representations of Droplet Distribution Moments in Condensing Flow" ,
Phys. Fluids, 16, p. 176-183, 2004.
- Rob Hagmeijer, Rutger H.A. IJzermans and Frits Put,
"Solution of the General Dynamic Equation along Approximate Fluid Trajectories Generated by the Method of Moments"
Phys. Fluids, 17, 056101, 2005.
- Rutger H.A. IJzermans and Rob Hagmeijer,
"Accumulation of Heavy Particles in N-vortex Flow on a Disk" ,
Phys. Fluids, 18, 063601, 2006.
- Rutger H.A. IJzermans, Rob Hagmeijer and Pieter. J. van Langen,
"Accumulation of Heavy Particles around a Helical Vortex Filament" ,
Phys. Fluids, 19, 107102, 2007.
- Ryan S.R. Sidin, Rob Hagmeijer, and Ulrich Sachs,
"Evaluation of Master Equations for the Droplet Size Distribution in Condensing Flow" ,
Phys. Fluids, 21, 073303, 2009.