- Can I still enrol after 15 January?
Enrolment for the upcoming academic year is only possible through the Dutch national enrolment system Studielink, which closes on 15 January. If you were not able to enroll before 15 January due to unforeseen circumstances, you can write a substantiated request to the Admission Office as soon as possible after 15 January. The request needs to be accompanied by one or two pieces of evidence.
- Can I register for more than one study programme with a numerus fixus?
You can register for a maximum of two Numerus Fixus study programmes. See info Studielink.
- How do I register for the double degree TCS-AM?
You register for both study programmes via Studielink. To be able to participate in the double degree programme you need to meet the admission criteria of both study programmes, meaning you will have to participate in the selection procedure of the TCS programme. If you are not offered a spot by the TCS programme, you cannot study the double degree TCS-AM either.
- I do not yet meet the admission criteria of TCS, at what date do I need to comply?
- I received an extension for uploading the required documentation, can I get an extension for the VISA deadline as well?
The deadline for the VISA application is set by the Dutch Government and cannot be deviated from. You will have to return your place and re-apply for the next academic year. If you cannot comply with the deadlines given, your placement offer will be withdrawn and your application canceled. You cannot keep your placement offer for next year.
- Can I study TCS if I have a HBO diploma?
Yes, but… Would you like to follow a master's after graduating from a university of applied sciences (Dutch HBO)? Find out more about the conditions for admission with an HBO degree.
- I would like exemptions in the TCS programme based on previous education. How do I request that?
Exemptions are only provided by the examination board in exceptional cases. If you are selected and you will be offered a place, you can ask for more information at email@example.com.
- What is the difference between registration and enrolment?
Registration and enrolment are two different courses of action. You register for a programme via Studielink. Subsequently there are several steps to be taken to prove your admissibility. One of the steps is completing our TCS selection procedure. Enrolment will take place after you have been offered and accepted a place and have completed all of the steps of the enrolment procedure, of which the payment of the tuition fee is considered essential.
[HC(E1]Afkomstig en aangepast uit FAQ admission https://www.utwente.nl/en/education/student-services/admission/faq-admission/
- I have received an offer for a place, what do I need to do now?
Congratulations, you are one step further in the process of enrolment for Technical Computer Science. After you have accepted your placement offer, our Admissions Office will send you an e-mail on which steps you still need to take to finalise your enrolment, of which the payment of the tuition fee is considered essential.
- I have accepted the offer, but I require a VISA or residence permit. What should I do now?
If you require an entry VISA and/or a (new) residence permit, you will be contacted by email by our VISA office to guide you through each step of the process. For more information, please check the following webpage: https://www.utwente.nl/en/education/student-services/visa/.
- I have accepted the offer for a place, but how can I find housing?
You can find more information on how to find housing on the following webpages:
- I have a question regarding application and enrolment other than the questions above. Where can I send my question?
You can send your questions to the UT Admissions Office.
- If I receive a (conditional) offer, does this mean that I’m done?
No, you still need to finalise your enrolment via Osiris.
- I have received an offer, can I keep my spot for next year?
You have 2 weeks to accept your spot. If you decide to take a gap year, please be aware you cannot change your starting date after having accepted your spot. You will have used one of three attempts and need to apply again next year.
- Are there costs connected to participation in the selection procedure?
No, no any other costs than your expenses for traveling to the campus.
- I have a complaint regarding the selection procedure! Where can I file a complaint regarding the selection procedure?
- Which email address will be used for communication?
We use the email address you registered in Studielink. You are responsible for checking your inbox and spam box during the entire selection procedure.
- I already have programming experience. Does that count in the selection?
No, for the Entrance Exam foreknowledge of programming is not needed. However, it can help you during the study programme if you are selected.
- I’m a Twente Pathway (Navitas) student, how does the selection procedure apply to me?
For questions regarding your specific situation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many times can I take part in the selection procedure?
In total, you can take part in the TCS selection procedure three times. TCS organises one entrance exam per year.
- Are my grades of influence on the selection procedure and ranking?
No, the selection procedure consists of a questionnaire and an entrance exam. Your scores on the entrance exam determine your ranking. However, uploading your grades is necessary to compelete your application in order to partake in the selection procedure.
- I want to re-enroll for TCS, do I have to partake in the selection procedure?
No, if you have already been admitted to and enrolled in Technical Computer Science before September 2022 and want to re-apply again, you do not have to take part in the selection procedure.
- Which rules apply to the selection procedure?
In the Selection and Placement Regulations you can read which rules the study programme TCS must adhere to during the selection procedure and placement.
- I have a question regarding the selection procedure other than the questions above. Where can I send my question?
- Is the TCS Entrance Exam in English?
- How can I prepare for the Entrance Exam?
Please read the information on the Entrance Exam here.
- I have a functional disability; can I get more time for the TCS Entrance Exam?
You can request additional time, see Step 3 of the admission procedure.
- What if I cannot attend the allocated test opportunity?
TCS organises one exam opportunity per academic year.
- Can I switch to a different date or time slot for the Entrance Exam?
It is not possible to switch dates and/or time slots for the online test or take the on-campus test on a different date. We expect you to do everything possible to be able to take the test. If you cannot manage to do so the selection ends. You can submit an objection if you do not agree that the selection has ended for you.
- Are there any other test opportunities?
We offer one test opportunity per academic year. We expect you to do everything possible to be able to take the test. If you cannot manage to do so the selection ends. You can submit an objection if you do not agree that the selection has ended for you.
- What do I need for taking the Entrance Exam?
For candidates who take the Entrance Exam on campus, there are no supplies needed, other than what we provide at the location. For students making the online Entrance Exam: well functioning internet, good working device, web camera on, blank papers and a pen. You need a room where you are demonstrably alone, and where you cannot be disturbed. Accidental entry of someone can be classified as fraud. Detailed instructions for participation in the Entrance Exam will be provided with the notification of your exam date and time slot.
- I live outside the Netherlands, but I prefer to take the Entrance Exam on campus.
Unfortunately that is not possible. All students with a foreign residence take the Entrance Exam online.
- I am a Dutch inhabitant but I prefer to take the entrance exam online.
Unfortunately that is not possible. All candidates with a Dutch residence have to take the Entrance Exam on campus.
- I decided to quit the procedure. What should I do?
You can de-enrol yourself in Studielink. Furthermore we would like to receive an email about your withdrawal at email@example.com.
- Can I qualify for an exemption from the entrance exam?
No, the Entrance Exam is mandatory in the selection procedure.
- Is it allowed to work together with fellow candidates during the Entrance Exam?
No, the Entrance Exam is an individual test.
- Are there fraud procedures?
Yes, we have procedures to detect candidates performing suspicious behavior, and we have a committee who can conclude whether fraud has been committed. More information can be found in the description of the Entrance Exam.
- I have a question regarding the Entrance Exam other than the questions above. Where can I send my question?
- Which rules apply to the entrance exam?
In the Regulation Selection Criteria and Procedure you can read all rules that apply to entrance exam.