New dates to be announced
To be announced.
This training will be paid from central funds.
maximum 30 participants,
Dr Maarten van Bentum (part 1),
Course materials will be provided during the training.
For English-speaking PhD students from the UT
At the end of this course you will
- be able to write a data management plan (DMP)
- be aware of and informed about management of data for verification and reuse
- be aware of and informed about the value of data as scientific output of your research
- be aware of and informed about legal and ethical issues in the handling of data
The course consists of the following parts:
- how to compose a data management plan (DMP)
- how to manage data in research involving human subjects and/or
- how to document data during your research
- writing your own DMP
The course is structured as follows:
Part 1: mandatory for all participants; a full day workshop
Part 2 and 3: participants choose one of these, or both; a half-day session per part
Part 4: mandatory for all participants; during the two weeks after the final session
Duration of the minimum of 3 course sessions: 12 hours
Additionally, writing your own data management plan and reading some literature: 16 hours
The study load for this course is equivalent to 1 ECTS