University Innovation Fellows empower students around the world to become agents of change in higher education. Fellows create opportunities that help their peers unlock their creative potential and develop the design-centered mindset required to take on complex challenges in today’s world. Fellows are students of all majors and academic levels – from freshmen to PhDs – who want to shape the future of education.
We, the University Innovation Fellows of Twente, made it our mission to empower students at our university to make a change in the Innovation & Entrepreneurship ecosystem of the University of Twente.
With our projects we aim to achieve the following goals:
- Inspiration: Inspiring students at the University of Twente to come up with new ideas and to turn them into reality.
- Education: Educate students about design thinking methods to equip them with the right tools to act on their ideas.
- Support: Supporting students in their ideas by becoming part of their initiative, joining a brainstorm or simply answering questions.
- Communication: Facilitating communication between students, student initiatives and university bodies.
- Community: Building together with European institutions and the University of Twente a community of visionaries to become the European Hub.
We are a large team with 31 Fellows from 5 different cohorts. Do you want to get to know us? Check out the active and alumni Fellows of UIF Twente.
UIF is hosting three workshops for students to give their input on the actions taken by the university regarding Corona. The topics will be 1) Reflecting on the current situation, 2) What would the first-semester look like?, and 3) What is next? Looking at the long-term effects of Corona. Based upon the input, a report will be written and send to the working groups of the UT.
The next UIF European Meetup, Leaders of Innovation and Impact, will be an 8-day festival style, student-driven experience of a life-time!
Enabling non-locals at the UT to identify with the city, so that they can gain a sense of belonging and enrich their experiences in Enschede during their student time.
Three speaker in each event get exactly 12 minutes to captivate and inspire you. Immediately after that, the clock is all yours - you have 12 minutes to ask questions.
In collaboration with MediaLab (Marketing and Communication), ICT, and LISA we are looking into how to implement a system to collect data on all events around Campus.