University Innovation Fellows, trained by Stanford's d.school, empower students around the world to become agents of change in higher education. Fellows create opportunities that help their peers unlock their creative potential and develop the design-centred mindset required to take on complex challenges in today’s world. Fellows are students of all majors and academic levels – from freshmen to PhDs – who want to shape the future of education.
We, the University Innovation Fellows of Twente, made it our mission to empower students at our university to make a change in the Innovation & Entrepreneurship ecosystem of the University of Twente.
With our projects, we aim to achieve the following goals:
- Inspiration: Inspiring students at the University of Twente to come up with new ideas and to turn them into reality.
- Education: Educate students about design thinking methods to equip them with the right tools to act on their ideas.
- Support: Supporting students in their ideas by becoming part of their initiative, joining a brainstorm or merely answering questions.
- Communication: Facilitating communication between students, student initiatives and university bodies.
- Community: Building together with European institutions and the University of Twente a community of visionaries to become the European Hub.
The next UIF European Meetup, Leaders of Innovation and Impact, will be an 8-day festival style, the student-driven experience of a life-time!
Enabling non-locals at the UT to identify with the city, so that they can gain a sense of belonging and enrich their experiences in Enschede during their student time.
Three speakers in each event get precisely 12 minutes to captivate and inspire you. Immediately after that, the clock is all yours - you have 12 minutes to ask questions.
In collaboration with MediaLab (Marketing and Communication), ICT, and LISA, we are looking into how to implement a system to collect data on all events around Campus.
During this 24-hour worldwide event, 18 universities, Strategyzer, ECIU & KLM gave inspiring workshops. Next to the interactive workshops, there were small breaks in between with mini-games for participants to get to know other participants and make new and lasting connections.
The Moonshot Meetups were five interrelated workshops in which students developed together with UIF and DesignLab a student vision of the UT in 2030 by following design thinking methods. After providing the students with some inspiration, they formed groups of 3-5 students. Each group focused on a topic of their choice and prototyped their vision of it. Topics discussed were student activism, education, sustainability, internationalization, campus, etc. in 2030 at the UT.
Based upon results from research done by University Innovation Fellows Twente, now the project has been taken over by another working group. They are working on various aspects to Keep Talent in Twente. More information about the multiple initiatives they have established can be found here.