You can use Google Analytics to get insights about the views of your website in the UT CMS WebHare. This is a beginners manual in which the most used functions are explained and how to get access and use the most common features.
Option 1: Get a pdf report
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a one time report and in that mail, please specify what you need to know: what period, what URLs, etc.
weekly or monthly
To request a weekly/monthly report for your website please use the form below this page to submit your request.
Option 2: Get access to login
Step 1: Google account
The Online Media department can grant rights for viewing statistics of specific websites. In order to get rights you’ll need to have a Google-account. This can be either a Gmail-account or a @utwente.nl account. You will have to make a Google-account out of your @utwente.nl account in order to use it for Google Analytics, you can do this on this website.
Step 2: Request rights
Use the form below this page to request rights.
Step 3: Use Google Analytics
- Go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/.
- Click on Sign in to Analytics.
- Login with the Google-account which has received the rights to view statistics. Do not login before you receive the rights. (Then Google will create a profile for you that you will not need, which makes using Google Analytics confusing).
- You will see an overview of websites where you received the access rights for when you click this area in the top bar:
- Choose the account you need (first column), within that account the right property (second column) and within that property the right view (third column).
- In the overview you will see different options. Some of the basic options will be explained:
- Change the period of time of which the statistics are shown.
- Change the shown data type in the graph (For example, the amount of visitors or unique visitors).
- View the sources where the visitors come from.
- View which page is most visited.
- Configure a regular e-mail in which a current report will be send to you.
- Export the current overview (for example as a PDF file).