RIGHT FOR YOU?
The Master’s programme of Sustainable Energy Technology is:
- Designed for students who wish to aquire knowledge on renewable energy engineering within a societal and environmental context.
- Designed for students who want to become a member of a new generation of engineers that will lead the renewable energy revolution!
- Designed for students who want to learn more about sustainable energy resources such as: wind- and solar energy, hydrogen or energy from biomass.
- A logical next step for those with a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- For international students with a relevant Bachelor’s degree in engineering who are eager to study at a renowned university in Western Europe. QS Stars awarded the University of Twente five stars. This means that our university is on a par with such universities as Harvard and Yale.
Unique Aspects Of Sustainable Energy Technology
- The profile of the Sustainable Energy Technology programme corresponds with the High Tech Human Touch profile of the University of Twente. SET is a multidisciplinary Master’s programme that combines an engineering focus and a scientific basis with economic and societal aspects.
- The SET programme succeeds in combining thorough technical knowledge in a specific area with multidisciplinary knowledge drawn from other areas related to the energy system, with the aim of focusing on problems and potential solutions to introduce renewable energy in society.
- The SET programme at the UT is embedded in cutting-edge research groups at the University of Twente.
- Graduates all succeed in finding suitable employment in exciting positions before long, testifying to the programme’s relevance in addressing the needs of business and industry.
The University of Twente features excellent teaching, world-class research and an entrepreneurial spirit. Furthermore, we have been ranked among the top 1% of all universities in the world for the sixth year in a row* (*according to the Times Higher Education Ranking). Our groups are relatively small compared to the other locations, about 15-20 student per year, which gives us the opportunity to give students personal attention.
The Only Campus-Based University In The Netherlands
The University of Twente is proud to be the only true campus-based university in the Netherlands offering unique surroundings with excellent facilities, such as sport facilities and housing.