SPATIAL ENGINEERING IS SPECIAL IN VARIOUS WAYS. THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAMME YOU WILL NOTICE A STRONG STUDENT CENTEREDNESS; THE ROAD TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE MASTER DEGREE WILL BE DESIGNED BY YOU, THE STUDENT.
There is a large group of dedicated and highly motivated teachers to support you during your journey. You will have lots of opportunities to develop not only the multidisciplinary knowledge for designing a sustainable future but also to acquire the skills to be able to work in international projects with team members from different backgrounds and nationalities.
Large scale spatial problems cannot be solved by technology and engineering alone. Rapid developments in the world demand a sustainable approach in how we plan and change our living environment. A good engineer needs to be able to design multiple solutions together with the stakeholder groups he or she is working for, while at same time having to be very creative to obtain the necessary data and information. In many instances, an engineer also has to be a trainer, even a teacher.
We believe therefore that a more classical approach of teaching mono-disciplinary subjects in sequence is not at all suitable for this role, and we have designed a curriculum where four elements are brought together:
- Integration of knowledge, tools and methods of different sciences
- Multidisciplinary group composition
Student centered learning
- Self-direct learning, learning by doing, learning by questioning
- Work related learning skills
- Flipped classroom, e-learning, virtual learning environment
- International learning environment, diversity in student and teachers