What will the Master Spatial Engineering cost you?
And how do you finance your study?
Statutory tuition fee
If you are a national of an EU/EEA country, it is likely you need to pay the so-called ‘statutory tuition fee’. This fee is determined and subsidized by the Dutch government. The statutory tuition fee applies to most, but not all EU/EEA countries and/or master’s programmes (also see ‘Institutional tuition fee’). In the Netherlands, the statutory tuition fee for the academic year 2018-2019 is:
- Euro 2,060 per year for a master’s programme. Each (academic) year the tuition fee will be adjusted.
Institutional tuition fee 2018-2019
Dutch universities do not receive government funding for non-EU students. Therefore non-EU students need to pay higher fees. The University of Twente applies the following institutional fee for the academic year 2018-2019:
- Euro 14,250 per year for a 2-year master’s programme. Each (academic) year the tuition fee will be adjusted.
The following student budget is meant as an indication of the budget required annually when studying at the University of Twente. Please note that tuition fees are not included in this budget.
The total cost of living is € 9,500 - € 10,500 per year, excluding tuition fees. This information is meant as an indication of an average student annual budget. Costs are subject to change: typographical errors may occur. The following costs are included in this budget:
- Housing: € 5,000
- Books & supplies: € 500
- Bank account: € 50
- Food: € 2,500
- Transportation: € 600
- Other (clothing etc.): € 800
- Bicycle: € 125
- Insurance (optional for EU/EEA students*): € 480
- Entry visa / residence permit (Non-EU/EEA students only): € 317
* Insurance costs for EU/EEA students depend on policies of insurance companies in home country. EU/EEA students can opt for additional insurance of € 10 - € 25 per month. This insurance covers costs of liability, household contents and luggage, legal aid and extra costs.
After being admitted to the Master Spatial Engineering you need to make sure you can finance your studies. Well, good news! The Master's Spatial Engineering is eligible for scholarships from the ITC Foundation and ITC Excellence Scholarship programme.
ITC Foundation scholarships
A number of (partial) scholarships are available from the ITC Foundation for students from outside the EU/EEA.
Applicants from outside the EU/EEA who have been academically accepted in the Master's Spatial Engineering can express their interest to be nominated for a scholarship from the ITC Foundation.
Application for the ITC Foundation Scholarship programme is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the Master's Spatial Engineering. You first should apply for the Master’s Spatial Engineering to become academically accepted. Together with your acceptance letter you will receive an invitation to express your interest for the ITC Foundation Scholarship Programme.
More information will follow.
ITC Excellence Scholarships
A number of partial scholarships are available from the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, which will be awarded to applicants with a very good academic track record.
Application for the ITC Excellence Scholarship programme is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the at the Master's Spatial Engineering. Before applying for the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme you first should apply for the Master’s Spatial Engineering to become academically accepted.
Additional requirements for the application for the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme include:
- Residing in and being a national of a country listed on the OECD approved List of Recipients of Official Development Assistance
- Having completed the Bachelor’s degree from a well-acknowledged university outside the Netherlands
- Academic performance among the top 10%
- English: IELTS 6.5
- Relevant background for the intended field of study
- Not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
More information about the ITC Excellence Scholarships can be found at the website of the Faculty ITC.