As a Bachelor’s student from a university of applied sciences (HBO), you can apply for admission to both one and two-year Master’s programmes.
In order to gain and/or improve the knowledge and skills needed to start a Master’s programme, it is often necessary to follow an additional pre-Master’s programme which you have to pass in order to gain admission to the Master’s programme. Pre-Master’s programmes range from 30 to 60 ECTS credits. Admission to a Master’s or pre-Master’s programme largely depends on your previous academic results and study programme.
There are two routes for HBO students, depending on where you have studied:
- Students studying at Saxion can begin the transfer during their HBO studies
- All other HBO students begin the transfer after completing their HBO studies
Transferring from university of applied sciences (HBO) to Biomedical Engineering
Students with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (for example Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering) may be considered for admission after first completing a pre-Master’s programme. Admission to the pre-Master’s is dependent on prior education, the applicant’s chosen specialization and the coherence between the two. The programme will be composed of courses in mathematics and content-specific courses related to the chosen specialization.
Example of pre-Master’s programme for the following hbo studies:
- Technische Natuurkunde: Pre master 'Imaging and Diagnostics'
- Werktuigbouwkunde: Pre master 'Neural and Motorsystems'
- Elektrotechniek: Pre master 'Neural and Motorsystems'
- Chemische Technologie: Pre master 'Tissue Engineering'
Please follow the application instructions.