This Bachelor’s Programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) is aimed at curious, socially-engaged and technically-minded individuals who are determined to make the world a better place. If you consider yourself imaginative and self-reliant, and have a keen interest in technology and social sciences, we encourage you to apply for the ATLAS programme at the University College Twente.
The programme is open to students with the talent, ambition and ability to perform well in multiple academic fields, including Engineering, Technology, Mathematics and Social Science, and who are not afraid to engage in teamwork. We realize that a school transcript does not fully describe a student’s potential. We therefore challenge you to elaborate and substantiate your application in a way that does! We look forward to reviewing your application
Be aware that application procedures and deadlines for the Bachelor's programme Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) at University College Twente differ from the procedures and deadlines for other educational programmes at the University of Twente.
1. Secondary education degree with high final grades in Mathematics and one of the Science subjects (preferably in Physics). Secondary education must be comparable to the Dutch Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) diploma.
Mathematics support package (online)
Since ATLAS is a programme with a strong technology component, a good proficiency in math is needed. In case you have doubts about your math background: we offer an online math support package (available around April) that you can use to hone your math skills up to an equivalent level of "wiskunde B"! You can even use this to prepare for your exam. This package will be made available to every prospective student who has completed the admissions procedure and who got an offer of admission.
International Baccalaureate diploma or A-levels
When applying holding a university entry certificate such as British A-levels or International Baccalaureate or equivalent, you should have high grades in Mathematics and in a Natural Science subject (preferably Physics).
Outside the Netherlands? Find out here if your diploma is equivalent.
2. High level of English proficiency
- If you have a Dutch VWO diploma1you can submit your final grade in English to prove your English language proficiency. This grade must be at least 75% of the maximum score. Additionally your English language skills may be tested during the selection procedure.
- If your secondary education level is not the Dutch VWO diploma or your final grade in English does not meet the required level, you must provide one of the English language test scores:
- IELTS (overall band score): 7.0
- TOEFL internet based test: 100
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): C
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): C
- Native English speakers2as well as applicants with an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate diploma are exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
1 Here is a link to Diploma's and English proficiency scores that are considered equivalent to the Dutch VWO diplomas.
2 Nationals of United Sates of America, United Kingdom, Canada (English-speaking part), Australia, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland.
For more information about our admission process and the programme as a whole, please have a look at our FAQ section as well!