This Bachelor’s Programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) is aimed at curious, socially-engaged and technically-minded individuals who are determined to make the world a better place. If you consider yourself imaginative and self-reliant, and have a keen interest in technology and social sciences, we encourage you to apply for the ATLAS programme at the University College Twente.
The programme is open to students with the talent, ambition and ability to perform well in multiple academic fields, including Engineering, Technology, Mathematics and Social Science, and who are not afraid to engage in teamwork. We realize that a school transcript does not fully describe a student’s potential. We therefore challenge you to elaborate and substantiate your application in a way that does! We look forward to reviewing your application
Be aware that application procedures and deadlines for the Bachelor's programme Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) at University College Twente differ from the procedures and deadlines for other educational programmes at the University of Twente.
1. General requirements
Admission to the programme can be granted to students who convincingly demonstrate to the Board of Admissions to be talented and have a genuine interest in the ATLAS educational approach.
- VWO Diploma for NLD or an equivalent for international students (comparable to IB)
- Mathematics B or Math HL (preferably)
- Natural Science subject (preferably physics HL) with grades such as British A-levels or International baccalaureate or equivalent.
- English proficiency
- ranking: e.g.the top 15% of a class;
- extracurricular activities or experiences;
Mathematics support package (online)
Since ATLAS is a programme with a strong technology component, a good proficiency in math is needed. Education starts from the level of Dutch VWO Wiskunde-B (comparable to IB math HL). If you do not (or not yet) have this level, you can use our online math support package to develop your math skills up to the level required for entry into this programme. You can even use this package to prepare for your secondary school exam.
This package will be made available to every prospective student who is entering the admissions procedure.
2. High level of English proficiency
- If you have a Dutch VWO diploma1you can submit your final grade in English to prove your English language proficiency. This grade must be at least 75% of the maximum score. Additionally your English language skills may be tested during the selection procedure.
- If your secondary education level is not the Dutch VWO diploma or your final grade in English does not meet the required level, you must provide one of the English language test scores:
- IELTS (overall band score): 7.0
- TOEFL internet based test: 100
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): C
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): C
- Native English speakers2as well as applicants with an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate diploma are exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
1 Here is a link to Diploma's and English proficiency scores that are considered equivalent to the Dutch VWO diplomas.
2 Nationals of United Sates of America, United Kingdom, Canada (English-speaking part), Australia, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland.
For more information about our admission process and the programme as a whole, please have a look at our FAQ section as well!