Bachelor's programme Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS)
The English-taught Bachelor’s programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) is a unique educational programme bringing technology and society together. ATLAS is a fulltime Bachelor’s Honours programme for talented students. It is provided by University College Twente, an educational spin-off of the University of Twente. Our unique approach to engineering education is aimed at raising a new and different kind of engineer and global citizen. As an ATLAS graduate you will be equipped to address complex global challenges and to design solutions across a wide range of social, cultural and political contexts.
Want to know more?
If you want to learn more about this one-of-a-kind Bachelor's programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS), read more about the study programme, admissions and enrolment or about University College Twente.
WHY TECHNOLOGY AND LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES?
Our programme focuses on science, mathematics, engineering and social sciences. Traditionally, engineering (or technology) is not part of Liberal Arts & Sciences curricula. At University College Twente, however, we firmly believe it should be – a belief that permeates all of the educational programmes here at the University of Twente. In order to understand today’s world, you have to understand technology. And solving today’s problems means you have to have design skills. These are the basic components of the kind of engineering we focus on in the ATLAS programme.
Why join the ATLAS programme?
In 2016 the ATLAS programme was pronounced a 'Top-Rated Study Programme 2016'. This places ATLAS among the best programmes in the Netherlands. The power of the ATLAS programme lies in its unique educational approach, which centres on students and their unique talents and interests. Here are five of the main reasons why you should consider studying at University College Twente:
- We look for students with an agile mind and attitude, who enjoy being stretched by unexpected challenges
- We combine technology and engineering with social sciences
- University College Twente is an on-campus community where students and staff from all over the world study, work and live together 24/7: collaborative learning and feedback are big buzzwords here
- Our self-designed, self-regulated learning concept means no fixed courses, no conventional exams, no grades
- Our goal is not just to transfer knowledge but to develop personalities: we invest heavily in your growth, for example by encouraging personal pursuits beyond your curriculum and a semester of studying abroad
Read more on the reasons to consider studying at University College Twente.
after the bachelor
Our Bachelor's programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) is accredited by the NVAO (Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders). This means the programme is nationally and internationally recognized. As an ATLAS graduate you will receive a Bachelor of Sciences Honours degree – your ticket to the professional world or to a Master’s programme of your choice almost anywhere in the world. Read more about career prospects.
Would you like to learn more about University College Twente? Join one of our events or contact us today.
- Visit us at the Bachelor’s Open Days.
- Find out what it's like to be an ATLAS student by signing up for our Student for a Day programme.
- Experience project work at the In-Sight Day.
- Check out our programme staff on the University College Twente website.
- See what's happening inside the University College Twente in our Facebook account.
- Contact us via email@example.com
- Download the brochure