Practical information


The website of the International Office provides practical information for international students wishing to study in the Netherlands. While studying abroad brings you new experiences, opportunities and personal development, it also means adapting to a new country, climate, and culture. The International Office will not only help you in arranging formalities before, and upon arrival, it will also show you what the UT campus, Enschede, and the Netherlands have to offer. Moreover, we hope to provide some insight into the Dutch (educational) culture.

International Student Handbook (PDF)

Have you seen our International Student Handbook? This handbook contains all practical information mentioned above, in one PDF (12MB).

Arranging visa / residence permit

The International Office of the University of Twente assists admitted students who need to arrange visa formalities. You will be contacted by International Office after your admission and guided through all necessary visa and residence procedures.

Arranging housing

International Office assists international guests in finding furnished accommodation. They office coordinates supply and demand between international students/employees and local housing providers offering both on and off campus accommodation. Take a look at the International Students website for more information about housing.

Preparing for life in The Netherlands

Many things in The Netherlands may be different from your home country. The information on this page aims to provide an insight into the University of Twente's educational culture and Dutch culture in general.

Upon arrival

At the start of every semester, the University of Twente organizes the 'Kick-In' programme of introduction days for new international students. During Kick-In the University of Twente will be at the ready to help you arrange all necessary formal registration procedures.

For more information about support after admission, visit

Chat offline (info)