Shaping Responsible Futures
Are you an engaged UT master student? Would you like to learn how to shape desirable futures for others and with others? Are you looking for new ways to develop yourself personally and professionally? Do you want to work with students from various disciplines on tackling societal challenges?
If YES, DesignLab invites you to apply for the Transdisciplinary Master-Insert Programme on Shaping Responsible Futures. This brand-new academic programme will be taught by enthusiastic academics from all over the university, and will involve working in transdisciplinary teams on addressing complex societal challenges.
The curriculum of the Transdisciplinary Master-Insert is designed for master students from all academic disciplines. It consists of six modules (5 EC each, 30 EC in total) and is to be pursued full-time (Quarter 2 and Quarter 3) prior to starting a graduation assignment:
- Transdisciplinary working: Taking multiple world perspectives into account, bridging disciplines, and creating value by synergising expertise.
- Societal leadership: Responsible innovation, servant leadership, creating societal impact, and value and stakeholder engagement.
- Creative intelligence: High-level conceptual thinking and problem-solving, dealing with complexity, and frameworks for criticising and judging propositions.
- Systems thinking: Dealing with open, complex, dynamic and networked problems.
- Change making: Creating societal impact, evoking bottom-up change and communicating concepts and ideas effectively.
- Futurism: Exploring and envisioning potential future scenarios, reviewing technology trends, and articulating original, well-informed future visions.
In this programme, you will collaborate with students from a wide range of disciplines and learn topics such as:
- Transdisciplinary ways of working
- High-level critical & conceptual thinking
- Participatory & creative problem solving
- Future scenario building
The Transdisciplinary Master-Insert programme starts in November 2019 and all educational activities will take place in the inspiring learning environment of DesignLab.
11 November 2019 (Quarter 2)
17 April 2020
Deadline for application
30 September 2019
Similar to the curriculum, the academic staff involved in designing and executing this programme come from a wide range of disciplines and expertise such as human centered design, interaction design, change management, innovation processes, philosophy, systems engineering and many more.
The organizational team of the programme consists of:
10 September 2019, 12:30 - 13:30, DesignLab, Room INFORM
25 September 2019, 12:30 - 13:30, DesignLab, Room CONNECT
The Transdisciplinary Master-Insert programme can accommodate max. 30 students and the admission is based on intrinsic motivation. Students are asked to submit a 'personal motivation letter' and will be invited for an interview with the academic staff. This programme requires full-time engagement, and thus, it implies a 6-month (2-quarter) extension to master studies. Because of this, the selection of students will be confirmed with the respective core MSc programme director to safeguard timely study planning.
Please note that the Transdisciplinary Master-Insert is an extra-curricular educational programme (i.e., not a formal master study programme) aimed at master students currently enrolled at the University of Twente.
Do you have a question? Contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com