Minor elsewhere (NL or abroad)

Use the minor tool of options to see which minors you are allowed to take

UT students can take minors UT offers, but it is also possible to take a minor at another Dutch university or even abroad.

Minor at another Dutch University

UT is a member of a partnership between different educational institutes, called Kies op Maat. On this website, you can apply for a minor at another Dutch educational institute. Your examination board needs to approve the minor of choice first. Therefore you can download a learning agreement through the KOM website.

Do you want to take a minor that is not listed on Kies op Maat? Write a proposal in collaboration with your study adviser. This needs to be submitted to your examination board, which has to approve it. If payment is needed for taking this minor, make sure your study adviser and examination board are aware of this fact beforehand.

Minor abroad

Within your elective space, it is possible to opt for a stay abroad. Bear in mind that it can take 6 to 12 months to complete all the necessary preparations for study or internship abroad, so start familiarising yourself as soon as possible. Get in touch with your faculty contact person for specific information concerning studying abroad. More information about spending (a part of) a semester abroad can be found on the UT Study Abroad website.

Visit the annual Let's Go Fair to get to know more about UT's partner universities around the globe, and learn more about studying abroad or an internship abroad.