Welcome to designlab! but what is it?
DesignLab is a creative and cross-disciplinary ecosystem at the University of Twente, connecting science and society through design. Faculty and students from all fields work together with companies and governments to implement and develop scientific and technological insights that can be used in finding and shaping creative, innovative and meaningful solutions for complex societal challenges. Top talents from engineering, natural science, social science and the humanities join forces to take on the wicked problems of tomorrow’s world, using their creativity to bring science to design for society.
- Thu 9 Aug 2018Robot vest DesignLab Research Fellows nominated 'Best Tech Idea 2018'
- Thu 19 Jul 2018Keeping Talent in Twente: UIF present research findings
- Mon 16 Jul 2018Invitation: Opening of the Academic Year on 3 September
- Fri 13 Jul 2018New ownership, new start for Classroom of the Future
- Tue 10 Jul 2018UT Students wanted for next phase of EnschedeLab
The University of Twente is a frontrunner in socially-relevant technological developments, fueled by the presence of a combination of technical and social sciences: High Tech Human Touch. This vision is encouraged by the environment that is explicitly designed for multidisciplinary design-oriented challenges, in which scientific knowledge is connected with societal problems and challenges: DesignLab. Want to know more about DesignLab and our facilities? Take a look around or join us for a cup of coffee!