The University of Twente focuses on five target areas, in which we work closely with the industry.
These five areas are:
- advanced materials: smart materials with new properties
- advanced manufacturing and mechatronics: robotics, mechatronics
- medical technology and devices: high-tech medical equipment, technical medicine
- wireless and remote sensing: wireless sensor networks
- safety and security: a safe society
Not only do we develop technical knowledge and expertise, but we also work on the combination of new business models, design and practical applications. This fits in well with the UT's reputation as one of Europe's most entrepreneurial universities.
The UT is not only involved in broad collaboration projects, but also collaborates with companies and organizations on an individual basis. The expertise of our scientists makes them of great value to the business and or product development.