Introductory workshop for PhD candidates
To welcome our TGS-graduate students we organize introductory meetings three times a year. In these sessions, we pay attention to the overall structure of the Twente Graduate School, its broadening possibilities and the overall structure of doing a PhD.
Thursday 10th of May
from 9.30 till 14.15.
Vrijhof, Kleine Zaal
This course is free of charge. Participants are however expected to have permission from their supervisor
Please send an email to: email@example.com
By the end of the introductory session, the PhD’s
- know the general structure of the TGS with its programmes
- have a view on the broadening possibilities
- can explain the overall structure of the PhD-process (the phases, milestones, pitfalls, prevent and/or cope with those pitfalls) and can formulate their expectations concerning supervision.
General structure of PhD process, Qualifier, TSP, broadening perspectives.
Overall PhD-process (the phases, milestones, pitfalls, prevent and/or cope with those pitfalls ) and expectations concerning supervision.
A workshop with practical and very useful suggestions. Next to some plenary discussions you will work in small groups and learn from each other’s experiences.
5 hours, including lunch
Organisation of this course is a cooperation of the Career Development Centre and the Educational Service Department.
Information about this course can be given by:
Cornelise Vreman-de Olde
Educational Service Department
Schedule of the introductory workshop:
- 9.30 h: Welcome to the TGS, Prof. Dr. Gerard van der Steenhoven, Dean of TGS
- 9.45 h: TGS PhD Profile and Education, Prof. Dr. Ir. Petra de Weerd-Nederhof, Director TGS
- 10.15 h: Getting to know each other, Dr. Cornelise Vreman, workshop leader
- 10.30 h: Coffee & Tea
- 10.45 h: Planning and Supervision Workshop, Dr. Cornelise Vreman, workshop leader
- 12.15 h: Lunch
- 13.00 h: The value of Broadening Perspectives on research. An example.
Prof. Philip Brey.
- 13.45 h: PNUT, PhD Network of the University of Twente, the official PhD association of the University of Twente.
- 14.15 h: End