We cordially invite you to attend the seminar “Curing the Queue: Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice” being held January 27th, 2012. The seminar is organized by the Center for Healthcare Operations Improvement and Research and will be held at the University of Twente.
The seminar includes presentations by the following guests: Prof. dr. Nico van Dijk (University of Amsterdam), Prof.dr. David Stanford (University of Western Ontario, Canada), dr. Bart Veltman (ORTEC), and Prof. dr. Hajo van Bockel (Leiden University Medical Center) . The speakers will present novel research on healthcare logistics, and will focus on the implementation of these results in practice. The seminar will be followed by the public PhD thesis defence of Maartje Zonderland.
- 10:30 - 11:00: Welcome and Coffee
- 11:00 - 11:30: Nico van Dijk – Blood platelet optimization for blood banks: theory meets practice
- 11:30 - 12:00: Bart Veltman – Observations on innovating healthcare
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch
- 13:00 - 13:30: David Stanford – Addressing waiting time inconsistencies in transplantation
- 13:30 - 14:00: Hajo van Bockel – To be announced
- 14:30 - 16:00: Public thesis defence of Maartje Zonderland
- 16:00 - 17:30: Reception
We look forward to seeing you in Twente.
Center for Healthcare Operations Improvement and Research, University of Twente