Poster Competition during CTIT Symposium Smart Environments
CTIT is proud of its PhD students. Therefore, each PhD student is invited to present a poster at the upcoming CTIT symposium on Wednesday 31 May. You can view the programme on the CTIT website.
Three prizes of Euro 1000, Euro 500 and Euro 250 will be awarded by a jury consisting of some of our distinguished guests, including Maarten van Steen, Mark Overmars, Peter van der Stok, Inald Lagendijk and Bart van Arem, for the three best poster presentations.
To take part in the contest PhD students should:
- Submit a one page abstract three weeks in advance as a PDF file by email to email@example.com (deadline Monday 8 May)
- Present the poster during the symposium.
The evaluation criteria include the following:
- The abstract and poster should make it crystal clear what the contribution is.
- The contribution must be new.
- The relevance to the theme of the symposium must be demonstrated clearly.
- The abstract and the poster must be attractive.
- The contribution must show appreciation of work done by others.
- Any work submitted to previous CTIT symposia is excluded.
Sandra Westhoff and Anja Annink will be happy to help with the production process. If the official CTIT layout is used, 50% of the cost of printing and laminating or mounting the poster will be borne by CTIT. In case you want to join this poster session, please inform the CTIT office (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible!
You can download a template of the poster here. Send the poster (poster size: A1) directly to Jan Hesselink (Bureau Communicatie UT), or to CTIT office.
During the lunch, the jury will look at the posters. The prize will be awarded during the reception at the end of the day. Please be present at the least during lunch time and reception.
In case you bring your own (existing) poster, please bring it to the CTIT office (Ravelijn building, room L206D), on Monday May 29th at the latest. Inform Sandra and Anja in any case about bringing your poster!