Registration Bijvakker (subsidiary student)

A Bijvakker (subsidiary student) is a student who is enrolled at a higher education or university in the Netherlands and who has the possibility to take some classes (and exams) at another institute then where they have paid the tuition fees. As a bijvakker you can follow classes for the purpose of your study at a higher education or university. You will be registered as a bijvakker, not as a regular student at the University of Twente.

Note: Students from the higher education who wants to follow a doorstroomminor have to sign in via Kies op Maat.


You have to fill in the application form and send it with the following documents:


Original certificate of paid tuition fees for the purpose of the University of Twente (you can obtain this document at the student administration from the institute where you have paid the tuition fees)


Valid and clear copy of your passport/ID-card


A recent up-to-date transcript of records from your institute

Application form subsidiary student UT 2016-2017

Application form subsidiary student UT 2017-2018


Send the application form (included the other documents mentioned above) to the following address:

University of Twente

Student Services – Vrijhof, postbox 9

P.O. Box 217

7500 AE Enschede

The Netherlands

General information

When we receive the signed application form, original certificate of paid tuition fees, a clear and valid copy of your passport/ID card and your transcript of records we can finalize the registration. After we completed the registration you will receive your student number by email. If there are some incorrect or missing documents, we will send you an email with the request to send the right documents.