ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR A MASTER’S PROGRAMME THAT WILL TAKE YOU FURTHER IN YOUR FIELD?
At the University of Twente, in the Netherlands, we are eager to help you. Our Master’s Open Day on Thursday 15 November, 2018, is a great way of exploring your options. Get ready for a life changing experience! Our many English-taught Master’s programmes and our unique profile and campus attract many non-Dutch students to the University of Twente.
Thursday 15 November 2018. Register now!
During your registration, you can select two programmes that interest you. You'll get to know everything about these programmes during two sessions. The first hour of a session is focused on the contents of the programme. The next half hour is focused on providing information relevant to you specifically. If you're a university of applied sciences (hbo) student, you'd probably like to know more about pre-master's programmes. If you're a bachelor's student, 'speed dating' with master's students might be interesting for you.
International students and students of universities of applied science (‘hbo’ in Dutch) often have questions concerning transfer requirements and possibilities. If such is the case for you, do visit the Info festival to get all your questions answered You will also find answers here to questions about accommodation, visa or application procedures. Our Dean of Students will be on hand to answer questions about career counselling, decision processes and financial issues, consequences and/or regulations. If you happen to have any questions about the study programmes you have visited, drop by at our Study Information Centre.
We will be serving some delicious finger foods at the Infomarket, so do make sure to drop by!
Join one of our campus tours and discover our beautiful campus! Tours depart several times an hour from the Infomarket.
15:00 - 15:30
Presentation of the University of Twente
15:45 - 17:15
First set of Master’s programme sessions (registration required)
17:15 - 18:15
Information Market (continuous, no registration required)
18:15 - 19:45
Second set of Master’s programme sessions (registration required)
The University of Twente offers the following − mostly English-taught − Master's programmes:
- Applied MathematicsAs an applied mathematician, you occupy a key position in the scientific world. Through mathematical models, you grasp the essence of a problem and see links between seemingly unrelated phenomena.
- Applied PhysicsApply yourself to one of the oldest fields of science: physics. Gain fundamental insights into your own research field while honing your research skills.
- Biomedical EngineeringBiomedical Engineering is about the design and development of healthcare technology to improve lives: from rehabilitation robots and artificial organs, to imaging techniques and prosthetics.
- Business AdministrationDo you want to devise solutions to complex and global business problems? We will teach you how to apply scientific methods in practice and equip you for a successful career in the business world.
- Business Information TechnologyThe Master’s in Business Information Technology makes you an expert in IT-based business innovation, with the skills to devise new services and radically improve the way businesses work.
- Chemical EngineeringChemical Engineering encompasses the fields of chemistry, materials science and process engineering. Chemical engineers are also well versed in areas such as fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Civil Engineering and ManagementIf you are eager to focus on both the technical and non-technical aspects of civil engineering projects and systems, then the Master’s in Civil Engineering and Management is the programme for you.
- Communication StudiesAcross the globe, organizations rely on effective communication to be successful. This programme combines academic rigour and practical relevance to make you a fully-fledged communication expert.
- Computer ScienceComputer Science is omnipresent in modern society. Latest hardware and software developments are crucial in domains such as social media, security, health, energy, ICT systems, finance and telecom.
- Construction Management and EngineeringComplex, innovative and multidisciplinary projects in a dynamic environment require a new breed of engineers who are able to expertly combine engineering knowledge with management skills.
- Educational Science and TechnologyThe Master of Science (MSc) programme in Educational Science and Technology is for anyone fascinated by education and training, yet not intending to become a teacher.
- Electrical EngineeringThis MSc programme challenges you to develop new methods and technologies for high-tech electronics-based systems in nanotechnology, robotics, electronics, telecommunication or biomedical systems.
- Embedded SystemsThis Master’s programme focuses on the design of embedded systems: the hardware and software that control a device, process or system, e.g. smart phones, pacemakers, chip sets or navigation systems.
- Environmental and Energy ManagementThe one-year, English-taught Environmental & Energy Management Master’s will equip you to lead, manage and govern socio-technological change processes related to energy, water and the environment.
- European StudiesManaging Europe is a complex challenge. The Master’s in European Studies gives you the expertise to operate in this fascinating environment where various levels of government come together.
- Geo-information Science and Earth ObservationThis programme takes an application-oriented approach to collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing spatial data. Graduates are at the forefront of one of today’s fastest growing industries.
- Geographical Information Management and ApplicationsThis Master’s programme aims to educate students and professionals to become all-round managers and/or researchers in the field of geo-information.
- Health SciencesThe programme focusses on the use of technology and innovation for improving healthcare.
- Industrial Design EngineeringDesigning new products and improving existing ones is a continual process. Take the Master’s in IDE and discover the full potential of the interaction between design and engineering.
- Industrial Engineering and ManagementThis programme trains you to design, control and optimize processes in complex organizations and businesses in a global context, using mathematical modelling, computer simulations and advanced ICT.
- Interaction TechnologyInteraction Technology combines principles from electrical engineering and IT with the analysis of human behaviour and storytelling.
- Internet Science & TechnologyIn this two-year, English-taught MSc programme you will learn from world-leading experts how to design, maintain, secure and improve communication systems and cyber-physical systems.
- Master Public ManagementThe management of government and other public organisations is subject to increasingly high demands.
- Master RisicomanagementThe part-time Master’s programme enables managers and professionals to realize their risk management ambitions with a strong organizational and management focus across the public and private sector.
- Mechanical EngineeringMechanical engineers focus on the design, analyses and maintenance of machinery, structures and products. The Master’s programme in Mechanical Engineering zooms in on one of these disciplines.
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social SciencesMore and more data are collected since many processes are being monitored. Competent professionals in research methodology and statistics are required who can provide creative solutions given data.
- NanotechnologyThe two-year MSc programme in Nanotechnology focuses on the design, creation and study of functional materials, structures, devices and systems by directly controlling matter on the nanometre scale.
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and SocietyPhilosophy of Science, Technology and Society is the premier Master's programme for learning how to critically analyse and assess the impact of scientific and technological developments on society.
- PsychologyWhat makes people act the way they do? And how can we use psychological expertise to solve real-life problems? You will tackle these questions and more in the Master’s programme in Psychology.
- Public AdministrationIn this one-year, English-taught Master’s, you will combine public administration with 21st-century skills and cross-disciplinary, technology-oriented research in a societal domain you care about.
- Science Education and CommunicationDuring this two-year, Dutch-taught Master’s programme you learn to creatively use your passion for mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science or design to help students, schools and society.
- Social Sciences and Humanities EducationOn completing this one or two-year Master’s programme you will be a humanities and social sciences teacher or a well-rounded educational manager with a firm grasp of technology’s impact on society.
- Spatial EngineeringThe Master’s programme Spatial Engineering prepares you to address major multi-level spatial problems with a combination of technical and socio-economic knowledge.
- Sustainable Energy TechnologyThe Master’s programme in Sustainable Energy Technology (SET) enables you to become an engineer with in-depth knowledge on renewable energy technologies.
- Systems and ControlThis two-year Master’s programme teaches you how to control the behaviour of dynamic phenomena and systems in interaction with their environment.
- Technical MedicineWe educate a new kind of technical-medical professional who improves patient safety, diagnosis, and treatment through the innovative use of medical technology in direct patient care.
- Water TechnologySolving global water problems requires a multidisciplinary approach of knowledge and skills. That is why the Wetsus Insitute and three Dutch universities offer a joint degree in Water Technology.
5 Reasons to visit us
- We offer an extensive range of highly acclaimed Bachelor's and Master's programmes. The UT invariably gets high rankings in the major independent surveys that annually compare universities around the world.
- We stand out from other universities because of our unique ‘High Tech Human Touch’ approach, which integrates social sciences and engineering.
- As the Netherlands’ most entrepreneurial university and the best technical university we’ll gladly help you launch your own startup. We have helped to launch 900 startups already.
- Our vibrant, green campus is the only park-like campus in the Netherlands.
- Our high international ranking places us among the world’s top universities.
We realize, of course, that dropping by for a day is easier said than done if you live in another country, especially outside Europe. To help you connect with us, we’ve lined up a few alternatives:
If you plan to visit us, expect a warm welcome. To avoid having to travel here and back in a single day, we encourage you to spend a night at one of several on- or off-campus hotels.
Do you have a question about our Open Days? Contact the students from our Study Information Centre via chat, phone, mail or WhatsApp.