Outside the crowded urban areas in the west of the Netherlands, Enschede is a safe, green, easy-to-reach, and located centrally between major European capitals.
Enschede is a city offering a wide range of culture, arts and nightlife. Enschede also has some surprising architecture and a beautiful city centre with cosy café terraces. Moreover, Enschede offers the most versatile choice of shops in the eastern Netherlands.
- A relatively small area of just over 41,000 square kilometres
- Home to over 16.7 million people
- A safe country by international standards
- Well-organized, with a dense, safe public transport network
- The country’s number one mode of transport: the bicycle
- 87% of the population speaks English
- Hosts great events and festivals throughout the year
- A rich history and a tolerant society
The website Study in Holland is the most comprehensive source of information on living and studying in the Netherlands. The website provides information on finance (funding, living expenses), the Dutch education system, the Netherlands, food, climate and cultural issues.