Your student years will be unforgettable if you spend them on our magnificent campus: a hypermodern and highly international and intercultural ‘smart living lab’, where people and technology bring out the best in one another.
The University of Twente is a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people that offers students, scientists and educators from around the world the best possible conditions. Together with our multicultural community of more than 11,000 students, we create the ideal conditions for professional and personal growth and social impact.
The campus covers 146 hectares, or about 200 football fields. Together with the other campus inhabitants, you’ll find everything you need here for studying, working and living. From libraries and state-of-the-art laboratories to fitness and sports facilities. For almost any sport you can imagine such as baseball, beach volleyball, archery and even muggle quidditch. Here’s a small glimpse of our vast amount of facilities:
- A high tech simulation lab for Technical Medicine
- The Virtual Reality Lab and the Designlab
- Supersonic wind tunnels
- The Netherlands’ first robotic ecosystem
- The RaM lab (Robotics and Mechatronics)
- Free wifi, ATMs and charging points for bicycles and cars
- A student chaplain and a mosque area
- A supermarket, hairdresser and employment agency
- Cafés and restaurants, like Theatercafé de Vrijhof, Subway and Starbucks Coffee