MoMi does not apply to nationals of the following countries
• Denmark (without Faroe Islands and Greenland)
• France (including French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte and Réunion) *1
• Liechtenstein - (EEA)
• The Netherlands (without Aruba, Curaçao, St. Maarten, Bonaire, St. Eustatius and
• Norway - (EEA)
• Portugal (including Azores and Madeira)
• Spain (including Balearic Islands and Canary Islands)
• Czech Republic
• United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar, without
Channel Islands, BNO passport holders and Isle of Man) *2
• Iceland - (EEA)
*1 - French overseas departments: A French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte and Réunion national is a French national. He/she is also an EU/EEA national. The MoMi doesn’t apply.
*2 - BNO passport holders: Do you have a BNO passport? Then you don’t need a visa for the Schengen area. You do need a MVV. The MoMi doesn’t apply.
Switzerland: Switzerland isn’t an EU/EEA member state, but a Swiss national has the same rights as an EU/EEA national. The MoMi doesn’t apply.
MoMi does apply to:
Nationals of the countries not mentioned above: The national is not an EU/EEA national. The MoMi does apply.
Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City: A national of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City is not an EU/EEA national. The MoMi does apply.
Suriname: A National of Surinam is not an EU/EEA national. The MoMi does apply.