BMS continues the BMS Open Access 2023 fund, effective as of 1 January 2023, and available (if not depleted) until the end of 2023!
BMS stimulates Open Science, already for four years the Faculty Board of BMS made OA funds available, and we do so for 2023 as well. The BMS Open Access fund 2023 is available. Noting, however, that funds could be depleted before the end of the year. As we noticed an increase in APCs, we decided to raise the reimbursement for publications to 2000€. Please carefully read the requirements and follow the steps below to apply for reimbursement.
HOW TO REQUEST FOR BMS OA FUND REIMBURSEMENT?
- Perform the preliminary checks to find out if the fund is the most suitable funding option.
- If the fund seems to be the most suitable option, carefully read the requirements that apply to your publication: journals articles, or book chapters and books.
- If you meet the requirements, get in contact soon with the BMS information specialists (email@example.com) in case you want to make use of this fund.
To apply for reimbursement from the BMS OA Fund, send an e-mail with the following information:
1) Info on the project, and the funder (if applicable) where this publication is a result of,
2) The link (if available, else a PDF) to your accepted/published article/book/book chapter,
--> Make sure your work is submitted to UT-Research Information System (RIS-PURE)!!
3) The publisher’s invoice, including confirmation of payment by the section,
--> do not pay for the invoice yourself with a personal bank account, let the section pay for the invoice! (this has to do with taxes and give problems with refund)
4) Info on agreements with co-authors of other institutions for the sharing of OA costs,
5) your research group’s/project Work order number for transferring the reimbursement.
Additional for books/book-chapters:
6) Short summary/abstract of the book
7) Table of contents (incl. authors (work)titles)
8) Publisher and editor(s) involved
9) Insights on the costs, cost-sharing, and/or contribution/funds by other authors, parties, or institutions
More info and Contact
Check the UT Open Access info website, or the BMS Research Support on Open Access.
For direct advice/support regarding the faculty fund contact the BMS Information Specialists (firstname.lastname@example.org), and for key questions on UT procedures and policies contact the UT specialists Open Access (email@example.com).