Building 10 Ravelijn
Room: RA 1155
Telephone: + 31 534894171
Gül holds a PhD in Innovation and Governance for Sustainable Development from CSTM, an MSc degree in Integrated Assessment from the University of Osnabrück, Germany, and BSc and MSc degrees in Industrial Engineering from the Middle East Technical University, Turkey. Her main research expertise is in evaluation, policy analysis, institutional analysis and public participation.
Gül is keen to improve the scientific and practical foundations of the political, institutional and behavioural dimensions of natural resource governance, focusing on the sustainable governance of water, land and energy resources. She has been participating in and managing research and consultancy projects in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, and acquired local experience in the Netherlands, Turkey and Palestine.
- Natural Resource Governance
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Irrigation Management
- Urban Water Management
- Public Participation
- Multi-Criteria Methods
- Özerol, G., Bressers, H., 2015. Scalar alignment and sustainable water governance: The case of irrigated agriculture in Turkey. Environmental Science and Policy, 45, 1-10.
- Bressers, B., Bressers, N., Browne, A., Furusho, C., Lajeunesse, I., Larrue, C., Özerol, G., Ramos, M. -H., Stein, U., Tröltzsch, J., Vidaurre. R., 2015. Benefit of Governance in Drought Adaptation – Governance Assessment Guide, DROP Project.
- Özerol, G., 2013. Institutions of farmer participation and environmental sustainability: A multi-level analysis from irrigation management in Harran Plain, Turkey. International Journal of the Commons, 7(1), 73-91.
- Özerol, G., 2013. Introduction to a “complicated story”: The role of wastewater reuse to alleviate the water problems of Palestine. Middle-Eastern Analysis, 53, 60-70.
- de Boer, C., Vinke-de Kruijf, J., Özerol, G., Bressers, H., (eds.), 2013. Water Governance, Policy and Knowledge Transfer: International Studies on Contextual Water Management. London-New York: Routledge.
- Özerol, G., Özen-Tacer, A., Islar, M., 2013. Public participation as an essentially contested concept: Insights from water management in Turkey. In: C. de Boer, J. Vinke-de Kruijf, G. Özerol, H. Bressers (eds.), Water Governance, Policy and Knowledge Transfer: International Studies on Contextual Water Management, London-New York: Routledge, 128-147.
- Vinke-de Kruijf, J. Özerol, G., 2013. Water management solutions: On panaceas and policy transfer. In: C. de Boer, J. Vinke-de Kruijf, G. Özerol, H. Bressers (eds.), Water Governance, Policy and Knowledge Transfer: International Studies on Contextual Water Management, London-New York: Routledge, 12-35.
- Bressers, H., Boer, C. de, Lordkipanidze, M., Özerol, G., Vinke-de Kruijf, J., Farusho, C., Lajeunesse, I., Larrue, C., Ramos, M.-H., Kampa, E., Stein, U., Tröltzsch, J., Vidaurre, R., Browne, A., 2013. Water Governance Assessment Tool: With an Elaboration for Drought Resilience. Report for the DROP Project, Enschede: University of Twente.
- Özerol, G., 2012. Evaluation of public participation towards sustainable water management: An institutional perspective. In: A. Martinuzzi, M. Sedlacko (eds.), Governance by Evaluation for Sustainable Development: Institutional Capacities and Learning, Cheltenham-Northampton: Edward Elgar, 137-153.
- Özerol, G., Bressers, H., Coenen, F., 2012. Irrigated agriculture and environmental sustainability: An alignment perspective. Environmental Science and Policy, 23, 57-67.
- Özerol, G., Karasakal, E., 2008. A parallel between regret theory and outranking methods for multicriteria decision making under imprecise information. Theory and Decision, 65, 45-70.
- Özerol, G., Karasakal, E. 2008. Interactive outranking approaches for multicriteria decision-making problems with imprecise information. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 59, 1253–1268.
- Özerol, G., Newig, J., 2008. Evaluating the success of public participation in water resources management - five key constituents. Water Policy, 10, 6, 639–655.
- Özerol, G., 2007. Effectiveness of indicators for sustainable water use in agriculture. In Lamaddalena N., Shatanawi M., Todorovic M., Bogliotti C., Albrizio R. (eds.) Water use efficiency and water productivity: WASAMED project. Bari: CIHEAM-IAMB, 2007. 281-294. WASAMED (WAter SAving in MEDiterranean agriculture) Workshop, 30 September-4 October 2005, Amman, Jordan.
- Özerol, G., Günther, D., 2005. The role of socio-economic indicators for the assessment of wastewater reuse in the Mediterranean Region. In Hamdy A., El Gamal F., Lamaddalena N., Bogliotti C., Guelloubi R. (eds.) Non-conventional water use: WASAMED project. Bari: CIHEAM-IAMB 2005. 169-178. WASAMED (WAter SAving in MEDiterranean agriculture) Workshop, 7-10 December 2004, Cairo, Egypt.
The full list of publications can be found here.