Erasmus+ Study Scholarships are available for UT students who will study at a partner university within the EU for 3 to 12 months. The value of your Erasmus+ Scholarship depends on your destination, with a monthly allowance varying between € 240 and € 360 in the academic year 2022-2023 (see Erasmus Scholarship Amounts for specific amounts).
- The country of destination is considered safe by the Dutch Government (Dutch only).
- At the moment of your scholarship application and for the entire duration of your stay abroad, you are enrolled as a full-time student at UT.
- The university of your choice has an agreement with the UT. (Only universities with an agreement can be selected in Mobility-Online.)
- You are studying abroad for a period of 3 to 12 months.
- During this entire period abroad, you are both living and studying in the host country.
- An Erasmus+ Study Scholarship is not meant for a study period in your country of origin.
- Bachelor students must have obtained at least 60 EC.
- Your programme abroad counts towards your UT degree. Make sure you have your faculty contact person’s approval and that you can transfer obtained EC to your UT study programme.
- You can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship up to a maximum of 12 months per study phase (Bachelor or Master). Multiple mobility periods are allowed: e.g., 3 months Erasmus+ Study + 9 months Erasmus+ Traineeship.
- You can apply for an Erasmus+ Study Scholarship via your workflow in Mobility-Online, áfter your course list has been approved by your educational programme. Since there is a lot of paperwork required to be taken care of before departure, make sure that you have acquired this approval as soon as possible and answered all questions related to your scholarship application at least 4 weeks before departure (preferably even sooner!)
- Eligibility for Erasmus+ is based on a fully completed application process (steps to take before, during and after the mobility).
ALL steps as mentioned in the application procedure below - before, during and after the mobility - must be completed in order to be eligible for a scholarship. UT reserves the right to cancel your application in case one or more steps remain incomplete. In that case any advance payments must be reimbursed.
All applications will take place via your registration in Mobility-Online. The application for a scholarship will automatically appear in your workflow.
Before your departure, you are required to take the following steps:
- Fill in the Digital Learning Agreement via Mobility Online.
- Download the Grant Agreement in Mobility-Online.
- Fill in any missing information and gather the required signatures for both documents.
- Upload the Grant Agreement in Mobility-Online.
- Do the required Online Language Assessment.
This placement test will take about 30 minutes. You will receive a link with instructions after your scholarship application process has started. After you have finished the placement test you also have access to language courses. The results will not exclude you from the Erasmus+ exchange programme.
After you have finished the required steps and your scholarship has been granted, you will receive a provisional amount of 75% of the scholarship. (The final amount is calculated at the end of your mobility, based on your true starting and end date, considering any changes that might occur to the dates during your mobility.)
During the mobility
The section ‘During the mobility’ in your workflow within Mobility-Online registers any changes to your mobility programme (e.g. changes in dates or courses). The changes will be added to your Digital Learning Agreement and need to be digitally signed for approval by all parties.
Extension of the mobility period
If you want to request an extension of your mobility programme abroad, send an email request to your faculty contact person and email@example.com. This request has to be submitted no later than one month before the scheduled end date of your exchange programme. Only if a request for extension is done and approved before this deadline, the extension will contribute to a recalculation of your scholarship!
- Finish the 'after the mobility' section of your Digital Learning Agreement in Mobility-Online.
- Complete the questionnaire (Participants Report) regarding your Erasmus+ Study exchange, which will be sent to you by Erasmus+ one day after the end date of your mobility period.
This questionnaire is a mandatory part of your scholarship and must be completed within 30 days after the end date of your mobility. Please make sure you fill in the survey within 30 days upon receipt, or the link to the survey will no longer be valid! (See Grant Agreement art. 7.1.)
After you have finished these final steps, you will receive the remaining amount of your scholarship.
The final amount will be calculated based on the dates of your stay in the 'after the mobility' section of your Digital Learning Agreement. If your dates have changed after your Grant Agreement was approved, the total amount will be recalculated along with the final payment.
Most partner universities organise an introduction period to acquaint you with international student life. The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) will help you on location and also organise activities for you and other Erasmus students.
If you have any questions about Erasmus+ or other outgoing scholarships, please feel free to email our Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.