Exchange students are required to prove they have sufficient command of the English language by providing one of the following documents:
- Academic IELTS, minimum overall band score of 6.0
- TOEFL, iBT (internet based test) minimum score of 80
- TOEFL, ITP (institutional testing program) minimum score of 543
- TOEIC with a minimum overall score of at least 790 (containing both the modules ‘Speaking and Writing’ and ‘Listening and Reading’)
- Cambridge CPE or CAE (A, B or C)
- DAAD language test: GER B2, UNIcert II, ALTE Level 3.
Note: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and DAAD test results may not be over two years old at the start of your exchange period.
Special conditions may apply to students in UT double degree programmes; please consult your home institution.
You are exempt from providing proof of English proficiency:
- You are a national from Australia, Canada (English-speaking territories), Denmark, Finland, Ireland, New-Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, UK or USA.
- In line with the Dutch Code of Conduct International Student Higher Education, exchange students only need to proof their English proficiency once. This means that if you are currently enrolled in a full English taught programme, you do not need to provide test results. In this case, please submit a statement from your home university signed by the (departmental) Erasmus+ coordinator or, if you are going abroad outside Erasmus, by your mobility coordinator and/or nominator.