Exchange students are required to prove they have sufficient command of the English language by providing one of the following documents:
- Academic IELTS, minimum overall band score of 6.0
- TOEFL, iBT (internet based test) minimum score of 80
- TOEFL, ITP (institutional testing program) minimum score of 543
- TOEIC with a minimum overall score of at least 790 (containing both the modules ‘Speaking and Writing’ and ‘Listening and Reading’)
- Cambridge CPE or CAE (A, B or C)
- DAAD language test: GER B2, UNIcert II, ALTE Level 3.
Note: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and DAAD test results may not be over two years old at the start of your exchange period.
Special conditions may apply to students in UT double degree programmes; please consult your home institution.
You are exempt from providing proof of English proficiency:
- You are a national from Australia, Canada (English-speaking territories), Denmark, Finland, Ireland, New-Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, UK or USA.
- In line with the Dutch Code of Conduct International Student Higher Education, exchange students only need to proof their English proficiency once. This means that if you have met the English language requirements before your enrollment in a full English taught programme at your current university, you do not need to provide test results. The level of English should be in line with the level referred to in above mentioned English tests. In this case, please submit this exception form signed by the (departmental) Erasmus+ coordinator of your home university or, if you are going abroad outside Erasmus, by your mobility coordinator and/or nominator.