Exchange students are required to prove they have sufficient command of the English language by providing one of the following original documents:
- Academic IELTS, minimum overall band score of 6.0,
- TOEFL, internet based (TOEFL-iBT); minimum score of 80,
- TOEIC with a minimum overall score of 790 (containing both the modules ‘Speaking and Writing’ and ‘Listening and Reading’)
- Cambridge CPE or CAE (A, B or C)
Note: TOEIC, IELTS and TOEFL test results may not be over two years old at the start of your exchange period.
You are exempt from providing proof of English proficiency if:
- you are a national from Australia, Canada (English-speaking territories), Denmark, Finland, Ireland, New-Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, UK or USA
- or if your programme at the UT consists exclusively of laboratory research that is graded by your home institution only.
If you do not provide the original test results before the deadline (link below), or the results are lower than the required score, you are not admissible as an exchange student. Check out the deadlines for providing English test results.
Please send your original test results to:
University of Twente
SAO - Admission - Vrijhof Building
7522 NB Enschede
Please note: IELTS test results will be automatically verified. You are not required to send them.