Registration for a minor is mandatory for UT students and is only possible during the period described on this website through OSIRIS-student.
A UT student can register for a maximum of 30 ECTS in OSIRIS, this is equivalent to 2 minors of 15 ECTS each.
After the registration period, your Bureau of educational affairs will check if you meet the (if applicable) ECTS requirement set by your educational program. If you meet the requirement, your minor will be approved and you can take the minor.
There’s no need to register for the corresponding module. You’ll be registered for the module automatically a few weeks before the minor starts. This only applies for minors for which you can register yourself via OSIRIS (not for the Exchange minor and the Transfer minor).
For minors of the first quartile you will be registered for the module around the first of August. For the second quartile this will be around the start of the regular registration period. After the registration for the module, you will be granted access to the Canvas course site.
Registration for a minor of the first semester (quartile 1A and 1B) was possible from the 29th of March 2018 until the 16th of May. The registration period for the educational minor (Leren Lesgeven) always closes earlier. Registration for Leren Lesgeven during upcoming registration period will be possible till the 17th of April. The minor Crossing Borders will most likely also close earlier (also the 17th of April). Once this is certain, we will post more information on this website.
The registration period for minors of the first semester of course year 2019-2020 starts on the 27th of March 2019 from 9 AM.
Be aware: first come, first serve!
A few minors have limited places available, so if the maximum has been reached, you won’t be able to register anymore. The minors with a maximum of participants are:
- Aerospace Management & Operations
- Creating Biological Tissues
- Crossing Borders
- Educative Minor (Dutch minor: Leren Lesgeven)
- Lab on a Chip
- New Media
- Smart Cities - Multifunctional Flood Defences
- Smart Environments
- Smart Technology
- Transport Phenomena in Biological Systems
- We Create Identity
- Professional Learning in Organisations
During the second semester it’s also possible to take minors. Registration is also in OSIRIS, the registration period will be announced later this year. The UT offers a lot less minors during the second semester though.
It’s not possible to register in OSIRIS for the following minors:
- Minor abroad – to take a minor abroad there’s a procedure to be followed. Eventually your study program will make sure you get registered for a so called exchange minor.
- Minor at another educational institute – if your minor is approved, your study program will make sure you get registered for a so called exchange minor.
- Transfer minor – more information can be retrieved from your own study program and the program you want to transfer to.
Every student can register for 30 EC of minors, which is in principle 2 minors of 15 EC each. If you opt for the 30 EC version of learning to educate it is only possible to register for this minor.
If you have already registered for 30 EC of minors and would like to follow an additional minor still, please contact the central coordinator Major-minor.
If you are still experiencing problems with registration after consulting this website, the website of your study programme and your peers, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you couldn’t (by special circumstances) register, during the registration period?
- Keep in mind, that the minor of your preference can be fully booked already.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with an explanation about why you didn’t register during the registration period. Don't forget to include your student number and the name of the minor you want to take.
- Based on the e-mail you’ve send, you will receive an answer with the next steps that you need to take.