Registration for a minor is required for UT students.
Register for minors during the registration period using OSIRIS.Use the name of the minor or the minor code
Registration is based on the First Come First Serve principle. If a minor is full, you can no longer register for it.
You can register in OSIRIS for a maximum of 30 EC for minors, which means two minors of 15 EC. After the registration period, the Educational Affairs Office will check whether you meet any EC requirements set by your programme. If you meet the requirement, your minor will be approved and you can participate in the minor. If your minor is rejected, you cannot participate. If this is the case please contact your study advisor for more information/advice.
Some minors show in the tool of options 'BOZ applies for you' and or Registration using Osiris 'No. This does not apply to the minors themselves, but to the module code. So you need to register for the minor. Exceptions are 'Going Dutch', the 'student teams', transfer minors and exchange minors.
To register for a minor through OSIRIS one should follow the following procedure:
- Log in at OSIRIS as you normally do
- Choose the option Register (in the menu bar on top)
- Choose the tab Register
- Click on the link Minor
- Find the minor you wish to enrol for using the search function or click on the arrow next to the drop-down list to select the faculty that offers the minor or do nothing to see all minors
- Click Next (on the top or bottom of the page)
- Select the minor of your choosing (please note that unfortuately it is also possible to see minors for which you cannot enrol)
- Click Enrol (on the top or bottom of the page
Unless you receive the message that you do not meet the entry requirements, you have been successfully enrolled administratively for the minor you've selected and will receive a confirmation e-mail. Administrative registration does not guarantee participation in the minor(s); it still needs to be checked by the Educational Affairs Office if you meet the entry requirements (usually an EC requirement) of your study programme. You can find if your minor has been approved or rejected in the Study progress review tab. The time at which this happens depends on the reference date set by your study programme for checking the admissibility for minors. If you do not meet this requirement, your registration will be rejected. You will not be allowed to participate in the minor. For more information/advice it is best to contact your study advisor.
If you want to know for sure whether you meet the EC requirement, look in the programme-specific part of the EER of your programme or ask your study advisor. Often it is also mentioned under a specific item on the website of your programme.
Additional conditions apply to a number of minors. If you are not allowed to take a certain minor that you would like to do, please contact your programme coordinator to discuss your options. In the minor tool of options, you can see which, after selecting your programme, UT minors you can take. Apart from the fact that you are allowed to do so, there are often requirements you have to meet. It is your own responsibility to meet these requirements. You can find the requirements in the description of the minor.
Registration for minors of the first semester (block 1A and 1B) of the academic year 2024-2025 will be possible from March 25, 2024 (from 13.00h / 1 PM) till May 31. Be on time, minors can fill up quickly! Please note that the minor Leren Lesgeven always closes earlier (April 12). Also for Crossing Borders you need to submit your motivation letter to the minor team by an earlier deadline.
Most minors have a maximum number of participants. So here the rule is: full is full! You can no longer register once the maximum number of participants has been reached. For some minors this applies quite early in the registration period, so make sure to register in time! Has your preferred minor already reached the maximum? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to be placed on a waiting list. You may be on the waiting list for 2 minors per block, so send a top 2 per block. Make sure you have a back up plan. Don't forget that besides registering for a minor in block 1A, you also have to register for a minor in block 1B during the registration period.
You cannot register for the following minors in OSIRIS:
- Crossing Borders - registration is via a special registration procedure
- Going Dutch! - Registration is via a special registration procedure
- Student Teams minor - registration is via the minor team
- Minor abroad – For this you will go through a procedure and you will eventually be registered via the programme for a so-called exchange minor.
- Minor at another educational institution – if approved, your programme will make sure you get registered for a so-called exchange minor.
- Transfer minor – ask both your own and the offering programme for information about this.
The minor 'Leren Lesgeven' has a participation restriction, in case of oversubscription an intake procedure will take place. You can register for 30 EC of minors, so in principle for 2 minors of 15 EC. If you choose the 30 EC variant of Leren Lesgeven, or the minor ICR&TIST you can only register for that minor.
If you made a mistake when registering for a minor through OSIRIS, or wish to alter your choice during the registration period, please follow the subsequent procedure.
- Log in at OSIRIS as you would for normal use
- Choose the option De-register (in the menu bar on top)
- Choose the tab Overview registrations
- Select the minor for which you wish to deregister
- Click De-register (on the top or bottom of the page).
You have now been deregistered and will receive a confirmation e-mail. You can now enrol for a different minor.
Want to deregister, but the registration period is over? send an e-mail to email@example.com.