Students can register for a minor through OSIRIS-student. This is possible for minors in the first semester:
- From the day of the minor information market onward – i.e. Wednesday 29th of March 2017 - up to and including friday 12th of May 2017.
- Please note: the registration for Learning to Teach (Leren Lesgeven in Dutch) will close Wednesday 19th of April 2017.
- For the join-in minors We Create Identity, Smart Environments and Psychology in Learning & Instruction are limited spots available, and first come, first serve applies. The same applies to the HTHT-minor Aerospace Management & Operations and the in-depth minor Lab on a chip.
For join-in minors in the second semester the registration deadlines will be announced in autumn of 2017.
Registration for a minor through OSIRIS is meant for UT-students who have to take a minor. Registration for a minor is mandatory and is only possible during the period described above through OSIRIS. A UT-student can choose a maximum of 30 EC of minors in OSIRIS. In practice this is equivalent to 2 minors of 15 EC each. Before registration please consult:
- HTHT-minors – the matrix of options
- Join-in minors – possibilities matrix
- In-depth minors – possibilities matrix
- Learning to educate – admission matrix (only available in Dutch)
- Board minor – the conditions (only available in Dutch)
- Study abroad – for this minor you should follow a procedure and will be enrolled by your study programme for a so-called ‘exchange minor’.
- Following a minor at a Dutch university – other than the UT – or university of applied sciences. After approval of your proposal you will be registered by your study programme for a so-called ‘exchange minor’.
- Making the switch to a master of another study programme. For more information about this, please contact your own study programme
What if you were not able to enroll on a minor because of extraordinary circumstances in time? You want to enroll, but the registration is not possible because you missed the deadline.
- Be aware that a minor can be fully booked and it is not possible to enroll anymore. That is a risk when you miss the deadline.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with an explanation of the reasons why you did not enroll on time.
- You will be informed about the next steps.
Please note: if you want to follow a minor you have to:
- Enroll for a minor during the period of registration using the minorcode/minorname
- Just before the start of the quartile enroll for the associated OSIRIS-module by using the OSIRIS-code
By enrolling for a minor you make sure that you can take the TOM-module as minor. By enrolling for the TOM-module in OSIRIS just before the start of the quartile you get access to Blackboard. At that moment all information about the TOM-module on blackboard is up-to-date.