The focus of our research is on the logistics, healthcare and services sector. We have a special interest in decision support systems and inter-organizational systems connecting networks of businesses and governments. We study novel ways of organizing networks such as dynamic global sourcing and multi-agent coordination. We apply quantitative models and algorithmic approaches, simulation and gaming, ICT architecture and business modeling and prototyping to create and evaluate innovative concepts.
The research of IEBIS is divided in four themes:
- Design, planning and control of logistics and supply chain processes in (networks of) manufacturing, retail and service industries.
- Design and engineering of IT based services for coordination and integration of business processes in supply chains and business networks.
- Design and optimization of operational processes in the healthcare sector.
- Risk and security management, financial engineering and financial decision support.
Value: High Tech Human Touch
We bridge IT, business, logistics theory, and applications. To make innovations happen within and across business networks, we:
- Apply proper planning and coordination algorithms.
- Design suitable business model engineering and business cases.
- Implement feasible organizational and technical architectures.
- Improve quality of service, quality of work (4Ps), human centered, sustainability, (examples from health, finance, logistics, internet services).
- Apply methods and techniques from operations research, combine IT and financial engineering to address these challenges.