Erasmus+ Traineeship Scholarships are available for UT students who will do a traineeship (internship or graduation) abroad at a company, education centre, university, research centre, or other organisation in one of the participating countries. The value of your Erasmus+ Scholarship depends on your destination, with a monthly allowance varying between € 390 and € 510 in the academic year 2022-2023 (see Erasmus Scholarship Amounts).
- You are enrolled as a full-time UT student at the moment of scholarship application and for the entire duration of your stay abroad.
- Your traineeship takes place in one of the participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (former Yugoslav Republic), Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Turkey.
- You are doing a traineeship abroad for a period of 2 to 12 months.
- During the entire period abroad, you are both living and working in the host country.
- An Erasmus+ Traineeship Scholarship is not meant for a traineeship in your country of origin.
- The country of destination is considered safe by the Dutch Government.
- Bachelor students must have obtained at least 60 EC.
- Your traineeship abroad counts towards your UT degree. Make sure you have your faculty contact person’s approval and that you can transfer obtained EC to your UT study programme.
- Some organisations have been excluded from participation to avoid conflict of interests or double financing. The Erasmus+ Traineeship Scholarship is not available for traineeships at European Institutions (e.g. the European Committee) or organisations managing EU programmes (e.g. national agencies).
- You can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship up to a maximum of 12 months per study phase (Bachelor or Master). Multiple mobility periods are allowed: e.g., 3 months Erasmus+ Study + 9 months Erasmus+ Traineeship.
- You can apply for an Erasmus+ Traineeship Scholarship via your workflow in Mobility-Online, áfter you have received approval of your assignment by your educational programme. Since there is a lot of paperwork required to be taken care of before departure, make sure that you have acquired this approval as soon as possible and answered all questions related to your scholarship application at least 4 weeks before departure (preferably even sooner!!).
- All parties must sign all required forms before the deadline (not after your arrival at the host organisation)! If your application is finished too late, you will no longer be eligible for a scholarship.
- Eligibility for Erasmus+ is based on the complete application process (steps to take before, during and after the mobility).
ALL steps as mentioned in the application procedure below - before, during and after the mobility - must be completed in order to be eligible for a scholarship. UT reserves the right to cancel your application in case one or more steps remain incomplete. In that case any advance payments must be reimbursed.
All applications will take place via your registration in Mobility-Online. The application for a scholarship will automatically appear in your workflow.
Before your departure, you are required to take the following steps:
- Download the scholarship Learning Agreement and Grant Agreement in Mobility-Online.
- Fill in any missing information and gather the required signatures for both documents.
- Upload the files in Mobility-Online.
- Do the required Online Language Assessment.
The assessment will take about 45 minutes. The link will be emailed to you by Erasmus Plus OLS (Online Linguistic Support). You have to the assessment twice: before and after your time abroad, to monitor your progress in the language of the mobility programme. Please note that both tests are mandatory; if you fail to complete the second assessment, the UT may cancel the remaining scholarship amount.
Please note: the results will not exclude you from the Erasmus+ exchange programme, but they can be used to recommend linguistic support.
After you have finished the required steps and your scholarship has been granted, you will receive a provisional amount of 75% of the scholarship.
OLS offers free online language courses to all Erasmus Exchange Students (see OLS Language Course for all available languages).
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in an online language course!
The section ‘During the mobility’ in your workflow within Mobility-Online registers any changes to your mobility programme. Please have any changes to this section approved by your host institution and faculty contact person and signed by all parties or confirmed by email.
Extension of the mobility period
If you want to request an extension of your mobility programme abroad, send an email request to your faculty contact person and firstname.lastname@example.org. This request has to be submitted no later than one month before the scheduled end date of your exchange programme.
- Download the 'after the mobility' section of your Learning Agreement in Mobility-Online.
- Gather the required signatures.
- Upload the files in Mobility-Online.
- Do the required second Online Language Assessment (you are exempt from the second assessment if the score of your first assessment was C2).
- Complete the questionnaire (Participants Report) regarding your Erasmus+ Mobility that will be sent to you by Erasmus+ one day after the end date of your mobility period.
This questionnaire is a mandatory part of your scholarship and must be completed within 30 days after the end date of your mobility. Please make sure you fill in the survey within 30 days upon receipt, or the link to the survey will no longer be valid! (See Grant Agreement art. 7.1.)
After you have finished these final steps, you will receive the remaining amount of your scholarship.
If you have any questions about Erasmus+ or other outgoing scholarships, please feel free to email our Scholarship Office at email@example.com.