Uploading passport photo and certificate of enrolment
The student card of the University of Twente is an identity document and a proof of enrolment for the University of Twente. Please show your student card when requested by our staff, for example when using university facilities, attending lectures, taking exams, visiting the libraries, et cetera.
When will you receive your student card?
Three weeks after your status in Studielink changes to Enrolled and you have uploaded your digital passport photo in Osiris, you will receive your student card and two certificates of enrolment by regular post. Make sure that the University of Twente has your correct correspondence address.
The information above is meant for students with addresses in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany.
Students without an address from the countries as named above. They will receive more information from Student Services about their student card.
If your study programme starts in February, you will receive an email from Student Services on your student email address when your card is ready.
When will Exchange students receive their student card?
Two weeks after your enrolment is finalised and you have uploaded your digital passport photo in Osiris, you will receive an email from Student Services on your student email address when your card is ready.
1) Uploading digital passport photo in Osiris
In Osiris you can upload your digital passport photo. The photo needs to be:
- in focus;
- in colour, reflecting/representing natural skin tones;
- a true likeness and natural representation of you;
- including the top of your shoulders, neck and head, facing towards the camera;
- taken with a neutral facial expression: eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling;
- an image of your current appearance, taken within the last six months.
In order to upload your passport photo, please follow the next steps:
- Go to Osiris.
- Choose the option ‘upload passport photo’.
- Choose the option ’Browse’ in order to select a file.
- Your digital passport photo is uploaded.
The student card can be used as
- A student card
- The card is valid as proof of enrolment for the academic year mentioned on the card.
- A library card
- The student card is also a library card.
- See the website for more information about your library card and account;
- Union Card
- If you indicate that you want to use the sports and/or culture facilities of Enschede, the card will also function as Union Card. See the website for more information about the Union Card.
Certificate of enrolment
The certificate of enrolment can be used to prove that you are enrolled (for example at an insurance company). This certificate states for which programme and for which period you are enrolled.
Certificate declaration of enrolment
See the website what to do if you wish a certificate of enrolment,
In case of theft or loss you can order a new student card at the Student Services Desk.
The fee for the replacement card is €10,00.
Library & Archive is a Service Center for students and staff. The library provides scientific information for education as well as research. Our home page gives access to the digital library with f.i. e-books, journals and research databases. The Library Vrijhof is the place to study quietly or offers a project room to work on your project.
LIBRARY CARD & LIBRARY ACCOUNT
As a new student you receive your University of Twente college card. This card is your library card for borrowing books (10) and it is your library account as well. With this account you can manage your borrower information, make reservations and book renewals.
You can find your library number on your student card near “bibl. code”. You can use this number to log on to your Library account.