Declaration of enrolment and uploading passport photo
The student card of the University of Twente is an identity document within the University of Twente. Please show your student card when requested by our staff, for example when using university facilities, attending lectures, taking exams, visiting the libraries, et cetera.
When will you receive your student card?
A few weeks after your status in Studielink changes to Enrolled and you have received a confirmation e-mail of enrolment and have uploaded your digital passport photo in Osiris and you have a mailing address in Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany, you will receive your student card by post.
If you already have an address in the above mentioned countries, but have not yet changed it, please change your mailing address in Studielink so that we can send your student card by post.
When will Exchange students receive their student card?
A few weeks after your enrolment is finalised and you have uploaded your digital passport photo in Osiris, you will receive an email from Student Services on your student email address when your card is ready.
Uploading digital passport photo in Osiris
In Osiris you can upload your digital passport photo. The photo needs to be:
- in focus;
- in colour, reflecting/representing natural skin tones;
- a true likeness and natural representation of you;
- including the top of your shoulders, neck and head, facing towards the camera;
- taken with a neutral facial expression: eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling;
- an image of your current appearance, taken within the last six months.
In order to upload your passport photo, please follow the next steps:
- Go to Osiris.
- Choose the option ‘upload passport photo’.
- Choose the option ’Browse’ in order to select a file.
- Your digital passport photo is uploaded.
The student card can be used as..
- A student card:
- The card is valid as ID card for the university. The card is valid until you de-enrol from the University of Twente
- A library card:
- The student card is also a library card.
- See the website for more information about your library card and account;
- A union card:
- If you indicate that you want to use the sports and/or culture facilities of Enschede, the card will also function as Union Card. See the website for more information about the Union Card.
Declaration of enrolment
The declaration of enrolment can be used to prove that you are enrolled (for example at an insurance company). This declaration states for which programme and for which period you are enrolled. You can download the declaration of enrolment through Osiris Student.
Extra or an original declaration of enrolment
See the website what to do if you wish a declaration of enrolment,
In case of theft or loss you can order a new student card at the Student Services Desk.
The fee for the replacement card is €10,00.
Library & Archive is a Service Center for students and staff. The library provides scientific information for education as well as research. Our home page gives access to the digital library with f.i. e-books, journals and research databases. The Library Vrijhof is the place to study quietly or offers a project room to work on your project.
LIBRARY CARD & LIBRARY ACCOUNT
As a new student you receive your University of Twente college card. This card is your library card for borrowing books (10) and it is your library account as well. With this account you can manage your borrower information, make reservations and book renewals.
You can find your library number on your student card near “bibl. code”. You can use this number to log on to your Library account.