Irene Kuin was finalist of the Best Thesis in Applied Math Award 2021. The research of Irene took place in the challenging environment of the judiciary, where mathematics is not commonly used and data availability is limited. She did however develop a method within an Approximate Dynamic Programming framework for the optimal scheduling of law cases. The success of this work is clear as the judiciary is going to fund two PhD-students for follow-up. https://platformwiskunde.nl/msc-thesisprijs/
Friday 10 September 2021
More recent news
- Tue 21 Sep 2021The BMS Graduation Award 2021 goes to … Gelbrich Holsbrink!
- Tue 18 May 2021Improving patient safety through combining quantitative and qualitative methods
- Mon 3 May 2021New CHOIR publication
- Fri 30 Apr 2021New CHOIR publication
- Mon 29 Mar 2021Richard Boucherie nieuwe voorzitter PWN