Combine your studies with practising sports or cultural activities on a top-level
The Support Scheme for Top-level Sports and Top-level Arts is part of the FOBOS (Financial Support for Special Circumstances of Students). To benefit from this scheme, you can be recognized by the CPO (Committee Personal Circumstances). To do so, you must submit an application to the subcommittee Top-level Sport/Arts, after talking to a student counsellor. This sub-committee handles your submitted application and advises the CPO on the recognition. In case of questions, please contact the CPO registry via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a student counsellor.
Top-level athletes and top-level artists can be recognized in category 1 or 2. For artists, the subcommittee Top-level Sports/Arts will determine in which category you will be placed based on your application.
- athletes with NOC*NSF recognition in one of the following statuses: A, HP, Bonds, IT, NT and promising
- international top-level athletes (comparable with the NOC*NSF statuses)
If you are recognized, you are entitled to the following facilities:
- Custom-made tutoring
Once per semester, you will make an integrated sports/culture- and study plan with your study adviser. This plan especially focuses on bottlenecks and solutions.
- Free use of UT facilities
Athletes can use sports facilities (e.g. gym) free of charge.
Artists can consult the subcommittee Top-level Sports/Arts for possibilities.
- Only when recognized in category 1: payment of 4 grants per recognized academic year (one grant is 1/12th of the tuition fee paid for the academic year in question, with the amount of a part-time activism grant as a minimum).
- First, go to the student counsellor of SACC: Before you apply for recognition, you need to have a meeting with a student counsellor of SACC, to discuss the feasibility of your application. You can make the appointment via the SACC secretariat: +31 53 489 2035.
- Application for recognition as a top-level athlete/artist must be submitted from September 1st and before December 1st of the current academic year. At least attach a statement about your sports- or cultural federation, which mentions your level. You can upload the statement with your application or email it to email@example.com.
- Application for a grant (in case of recognition in category 1) can be submitted from September 1st and before December 1st after the concerning academic year. Only students recognized in Category 1 are eligible for a maximum of 4 grants per academic year. When submitting, mentioning the study delay is not necessary.
- If necessary: claim costs incurred for the free use of UT facilities. When submitting, mention the costs (such as a fitness card or union card). Mentioning study delay is not necessary. In addition, sending proof of payment (such as a bank statement) to firstname.lastname@example.org is mandatory.
If you are not (yet) eligible for the status of a top-level athlete, we refer you to the Student Union top-level sports fund.