Combine your studies with practising sports or cultural activities on a top-level.
The Support Scheme for Top-level Sports and Top-level Arts is part of the FOBOS (Financial Support for Special Circumstances of Students). In case of questions, please contact the CPO registry or a student counsellor.
Before you apply for recognition, you need to have an interview with student counsellor Mrs van Dijken, to discuss the feasibility of your application. Make the appointment through the SACC secretariat: +31 53 489 2035
athletes category 1
- athletes with a NOC*NSF A-, B- or HP-status
- athletes on the highest international senior-level
- athletes on the highest international junior-level
athlete Category 2
- athletes on the highest national senior- or junior-level
- athletes who belonged to category 1 and will return to that category in a short time
The Committee Top-level Sports/Arts will determine in which category you will be placed (1 or 2)
Category 1 and 2
- Custom-made tutoring
Once per semester, you will make an integrated sports/culture- and study plan with your study adviser. This plan especially focusses on bottlenecks and solutions.
- Free use of UT facilities
Athletes can use sports facilities (e.g. gym) free of charge.
Artists can consult the committee for possibilities.
4 grants per recognized academic year.
The procedure is divided into 2 steps:
- Application for recognition as a top-level athlete/artist must be submitted as from September 1st and before December 1st of the current academic year.
Attach a statement of your sports- or cultural federation, which mentions your level. You can upload the statement with your application or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of problems, contact the CPO registry: +31 53 489 2403
Make an appointment with student counsellor Mrs van Dijken (through SACC secretariat: +31 53 489 2035) to discuss your application.
- Application for a grant (after the recognized academic year).
Submit as from September 1st and before December 1st after the concerning academic year.
Only students recognized in cat. 1 are eligible to max. 4 grants per academic year.
If you are not (yet) eligible for the status of the top-level athlete, we refer you to the Student Union top-level sports fund.