• When can my organization submit their application? 

    After the calendar year, until the 1st of April, an eligible organization can submit the application online.

  • Who takes care of the application for my organization and how does it work? 

    The organization appoints 1 student who will take care of the application (= applicant). This must be a bachelor- or master student who still has a valid student account.
    The name and student number of that student need to be passed on to the CPO registry. The registry ensures that the student in question gets clearance to log on to the web application. The applicant will receive an automated e-mail as soon as login is possible.

  • Which information should be on the application form?

    Name and student number of all students from the organization, who are eligible for grants for the concerning calendar year and per student the number of grants requested. They may therefore be the members of two boards if there has been a change of board.
    Mind! the maximum number of grants per person and the period during which the student served on the board during the relevant calendar year (see Appendix B of the FOBOS-regulation). Depending on the moment of the board change, you may have to take into account both the previous and the current board.

    If grants are allocated from the basic list (Appendix B of the FOBOS-regulation) as well as additional- and ad-hoc grants, please indicate per student how many grants are requested from the basic budget and how many from the extra budget.

    The application can be saved and altered. However, once the application has been submitted (send), changes can only be made via the CPO registry.   

  • What is important when you fill in the application?

    Only full-time UT bachelor- or master students are eligible for grants. Pre-master students or students enrolled for a post-initial programme (except those enrolled in the two-year Master's programme Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation ) are not eligible.

    When the Board changed during the calendar year, the members of both the previous and the current board should be mentioned on the application (use a distribution formula: x/12th for the previous board and x/12th for the current board). The exact period in which the student served on the board during the calendar year in question must be stated and no more than one grant can be awarded per active board month.

    Students must have a positive Binding Recommendation (BSA) for their current programme. In case of a deferred recommendation, the decision on the activism grants for the concerning student will be postponed until there is a final recommendation.

    Students must have paid tuition fee at the UT and have no previous degree.

    The calendar year of the application must fall within the C+1 period of the bachelor or master (C+1 = nominal study duration plus 1 extension year, counted from the first moment of enrollment in higher education). For a member of the University Council, the C+1 period does not apply.

    A student is only entitled to a maximum number of 12 grants per the calendar year and a maximum number of 24 grants for the entire enrollment period at the UT.
    Note: 1 scholarship is compared to 1 month. Therefore, if a student was enrolled for less than 12 months during the calendar year or part of the period in the board does not fall within the C+1 period, he/she can never receive more scholarships for that calendar year than those who fall within the C+1 period or for which he/she was enrolled.

  • How many grants can we request?

    The FOBOS, Appendix B, indicates exactly how many grants an organization is eligible for. It also indicates the maximum number of grants per person.

  • We have fewer/more board members than usually. What does that mean for the application?

    FOBOS, Appendix B, indicates the size of the board, on which the allocated grants are determined, and also the number of grants per person. If this does not match with the size of your board the following applies:

    Smaller board: only the maximum number of grants per person can be applied for. Therefore, it is possible that not all allocated grants can be used. The remaining grants will be transferred to the category additional and ad-hoc grants.

    Bigger board: the total number of grants allocated to your organization can be divided (in whole numbers) amongst the lager number of board members.

    Please note: different rules apply to performance teams.

  • Does our organization qualify for additional and ad-hoc grants?

    The Student Union decides, in consultation with the umbrella boards, at the end of every calendar year which organizations qualify for the additional and ad-hoc grants and inform the CPO registry about it. When you fill in the application form, you can see exactly how many grants are available: the number of grants for the basic budget and the extra budget stands apart. You need to indicate per student how much grants are applied for from the basic budget and/or the extra budget.